Forum

General Chatter

@themuzzer Welcome :)

Well regarding whatever the your issue is with the Facebook winners group just get the best from it. It's not the complete list of competition results, just a handy group for being notified if you've had a win.

Agree with @Alittlebitoffun it's an extremely helpful group especially as a lot of promoters don't tag the winner. The group also can be a resource for sorting out competition issues. Some group members have the expertise and professionalism to investigate issues such as prizes not being sent or questionable judging of creative competitions etc.

In the past allegedly the group it's had it's dramas. It was one of reasons I joined as curious about what the fuss was all about to judge for myself. I've had great insight into the voluntary contribution the group provides. You have to understand the ones administrating the group volunteer their expertise and are balancing the Christmas rush of competitions. Their patience might be a bit thin at this time of year. Overall I would say they conduct themselves in professional manner to resolve most issues.

Why might it be closed?
I guess some conversations would be regarding questionable managed competitions. i.e. not rewarding prizes, questionable judging for WOL, fake/scam competitions etc. Probably wouldn't want to have those debates available to various promoters. I'm not sure why they initially made it private. Maybe it was to slow down the trolls?

At times passionate topics come up with various opinions. I just hope that whatever action is taken for an issue it's done in a cautious and diplomatic manner. Jumping to assumptions can end badly which may reflect adversely on all compers.

Hmm @themuzzer just joined sounds like someones trolling. Maybe an existing member that doesn't want to own their views. :)

Hopefully it's not regarding one member recently been given the flick. From what I briefly read they have the opportunity to sort to out if they wish.

Merry Christmas

Lemond
11 Dec 16 1:21 AM
A

@Lemond well said, couldn't agree more! And a Merry Christmas to you :)

Alittlebitoffun
11 Dec 16 1:37 AM

@Alittlebitoffun Thanks how you coping with the Christmas tsunami of competitions? I wish I knew in advance what this was like. Might of prepared for the onslaught instead a 1/2 dozen days into it. It's like hitting the shops at Christmas time which I avoid like the plague.

Merry Christmas :)

Lemond
11 Dec 16 1:44 AM

@Alittlebitoffun No surprise they deleted the thread. Why I didn't post there.

I did still wanted to ask @LuckyNicky if they had written a blog on surviving the Christmas 12 days of "Joy" period.

Lemond
11 Dec 16 1:59 AM
A

I'm honestly getting slaughtered out there lol I have no system and am missing so many daily competitions. I can't keep up, between work and my two little ones, I barely have time to Comp on a normal day.
I've had a few small wins, but nothing to write home about. How are you going? You keeping up ok? Would love to hear any suggestions you may have on keeping up lol

Alittlebitoffun
11 Dec 16 3:17 PM

@Alittlebitoffun lol Yeh if only I had prepared.
The Christmas tsunami has caused me to reevaluate my organisational of competitions. You might of seen the results today in various groups. :) Been organizing things as part of relaxing of entering them.

Well for the daily 12 days of "joy" I created a page to quickly click on them all. Gee reminds me I better to todays lol.

It expanded to somewhere around 30-40 at least daily ones. lol

Won enough wine for Christmas with a couple of wins.
One very nice wines hamper with candles and poster. The La Boheme posters arrived yesterday they look amazing. :)

Lemond
13 Dec 16 10:38 PM