Forum

I've Won

Scoopon - umm, iPad Mini..? awaiting promoter's notification email....unless I have a doppleganger...

toxicgherkin
18 Dec 16 8:12 PM

didn't realise that they had comps as well

Anna2077
19 Dec 16 9:30 AM

@Anna2077 yes, Scoopon ran a 12 days of Christmas promotion. Ended now. I replied to their email that I received today, providing contact details. Nice to know at least one promoter has a system that works!

toxicgherkin
19 Dec 16 5:50 PM

@toxicgherkin True!!

between volunteering & going to job interviews I've missed out on entering some 12 days comps... cannot enter them all, right?

Anna2077
19 Dec 16 6:13 PM

@Anna2077 so, so true!

toxicgherkin
19 Dec 16 7:18 PM

@toxicgherkin agency told me it was a 9 months may be 12 months contract. Went to the interview today, besides that he told me that I was the only one, he sent 3 other people AND it's ONLY till 30 Dec.

Telling the truth must be difficult for him...

Anna2077
19 Dec 16 9:20 PM

Congratulations @toxicgherkin!
@Anna2077 Disappointing, I hope you went back and told him exactly what happened and asked for an explanation. That's just not on in my books. I can imagine how you must have felt. Chin up and stand tall.

fourleaf
19 Dec 16 10:29 PM

@fourleaf just heard, it gets better.. the interviewer hated all of us, had something negative to say.. works great when you need a job and the agency might never touch you again..

The agency still thinks the job is for 9 - 12 months . Now it's on hold and they are taking on someone just till the 30th.

The cow that interviewed me is the one who is lying to everyone...need money so a bit down.

I'm usually good at reading people but I though the interview went well.. boy was I wrong LOL

Waiting for the shoe to drop as my tooth broke & dentist is away for the next 2 weeks. .

What will be #3? or may be not getting the job & bad feedback are 1& 2 :-)

Anna2077
20 Dec 16 11:51 AM

@Anna2077 Chin up. Next year's yours!

toxicgherkin
20 Dec 16 1:28 PM

@Anna2077 don't let it get to you. Some companies and employment agencies are just hopeless from what I've heard. Have you tried calling some of the big companies about and asking what employment agencies they use and then putting you're name down? When a company pays a private employment agency to find them people I'd hope the agency would perform much better.

fourleaf
20 Dec 16 1:34 PM

@toxicgherkin aww thank you :-) From your mouth to g-d ears as they say... sorry to be a downer but it kind of hit me hard today.

Anna2077
20 Dec 16 4:36 PM

@fourleaf most use all the agencies that I use, but I'm not 20 but its the lies and the rudeness that got to me today.

Not sure who to blame, agency often fibs but I think this time it's the company. I was told it till the 30th, now the agency was told it's only till the 30th.

Since I was rejected this time I can never apply to this company again.. that gets me as well. This way they are closing the door to a lot of people. Right now 4, but she does it each and every time...

Plus she shut the door for me to use this agency again. If I am not suitable that's fine, but no need to be this nasty.

Anna2077
20 Dec 16 4:39 PM

@Anna2077 so sorry. The New Year will undoubtedly bring new opportunities. Carpe Diem, 'they' say, Stuff that! Carpe EVERYTHING! Wishing you and yours the happiest of times as this year wraps up. Exciting things ahead!

toxicgherkin
20 Dec 16 8:55 PM

@toxicgherkin thank you! All the best to you and your family, 2017 has to be awesome...

Sorry was Debbie downer yesterday but got hit hard & neararest and dearest told me to deal with it like I always do.... some days it's impossible.

Anna2077
21 Dec 16 9:10 AM