Forum

Tips & Tricks

Hello everyone,
I've only joined this group a month and a half ago but not won anything as yet.
I was wondering how to get the best out of getting competition points. I know about guessing comp everyday and viewing all comps but what else is there need to know that can help me out.
Happy new year 😊

IWANTTOWINBIG
01 Jan 17 4:55 PM

@IWANTTOWINBIG welcome aboard, and Happy New Year to you too. The only suggestion I have for the moment - and let me ponder upon this some more - is to periodically view the 'Hide entered' competitions. This way you may see competitions that might have been loaded since your last activity, or, added during your current activity and the data has not refreshed. Remember to reset to 'SHOW ALL' or 'Show new competitions only' when you're done though I gather if you navigate back to this page, SHOW ALL is the default status. @Lemond would be able to explain this better, I'm sure. :)

toxicgherkin
01 Jan 17 9:04 PM

Thankyou for the tips. Yes on that note Happy Birthday and congrats on winning the monthly points comp :)

IWANTTOWINBIG
01 Jan 17 10:38 PM

@toxicgherkin Thanks for passing the buck. IT helpline is temporarily down for the public holiday, Happy New Year Wondercom!

You forgot patience, luck may not happen overnight and usually occurs when you least expect it. How long has it taken to win the Leaderboard @toxicgherkin? lol :)

Lemond
01 Jan 17 11:17 PM

For the leaderboard competition what @toxicgherkin mentioned is good advice on how to check for competitions you may have missed. On the rare occasion they may be posted with an earlier date or once in a while you might get competitions posted up late which expire the same day. I usually check late and get in early for the guessing game as it's first to guess the weekly number. X fingers one day will guess it right!

For winning competitions in general. Well it's either enter as many as possible or find a creative forte. The creative one's are a good way to go if got a passion for a product or promoter. I've notice a few contacts do quite well in that area with some amazing creative work. It's still tough to win however there's plenty of creative competitions out there which generally less people enter.

Your Facebook feed can be a good source of comps either built up over time from entering competitions or through comping contacts. If adding comping contacts on Facebook my advice is be cautious it can be a minefield. Could write a book about the pros and cons on that subject. I'm sure you'll get some jumping to "lend" a hand. If you're lucky you might find some nice ones.

For finding off the radar competitions with better chances. It takes time to build up those lovely junk/subscription emails which may contain competitions overlooked by most. I hope you created a separate email account for competitions.

I tend to source my competitions from a variety of sources and methods. Competitions.com.au is one of many Australian competitions sites. What is displayed each day on this site is a small fraction of competitions out there.

I tend to focus on international competitions which sometimes take a bit of hunting down. I know where to find the Aussie ones they get shared around enough. At lot of those I find aren't posted on Aussie sites or even international comping sites. There's a world of competitions out there. :)

On that note I need to catch up on my regular first day of the month international competitions.

Good Luck.

Lemond
01 Jan 17 11:36 PM

Only other things for the Leaderboard your chances are a lot greater for your birthday month with the additional bonus. About a 50/50 chance for the top 3.

Also don't miss a day, statistically can almost forget about the top 3 thou might still have a chance for the top 50 for extra entries towards the guessing game for the following month. :)

Good Luck :)

Lemond
02 Jan 17 1:10 AM