Forum

General Chatter

I am getting extremely frustrated with the daily bonus points .It is now 5 months since I have got over 5 points and usually get 4 points max. Does not seem to matter what time I do it .Any tips ?

Winner1
08 Jan 17 6:18 PM

I doubt it's been 5 months of continuous daily random points below 6, probably 5 days and it seems like 5 months. Assuming entered every day 2^150 (1.4272477e+45). Improbably not impossible. pmsl

Five continuous day 5 or below 2^5 = 32 (i.e 1/32 chance ). I would start become concerned after about 10-15 days in a row for a genuine issue.

Time of day shouldn't have anything to with random daily points assuming no bugs still hiding in the cracks. Haven't really noticed anything abnormal apart from your possible case. Not that I've payed too much attention for a while. Past issues usually occurred around the 1st day of the month or that's when they could more easily spotted. There is a chance was an issue on the first day and no one noticed. By the end of month if there was an issue it might show up in the distribution of scores been skewed. Note it's bit harder to eyeball for the low scores as those individuals tend to drop off the leader board.

The only thing I noticed on the first day of the year the competitions were posted up a bit later then usual. I assumed still recovering from their NYE hangover.

The die weren't loaded last month @toxicgherkin? One of these months I must get lucky enough for a top 3. :)

Good Luck

Lemond
09 Jan 17 1:15 AM

my daily average for this month is 4.8.
I'm sure it'll pick up :D

shtooff
09 Jan 17 10:51 PM

@Lemond Thanks for your reply but after it started to happen I have actually written down all my numbers since September and I have never got above 6.BUT TODAY YES I GOT A 7!!! after 4 days in a row of 2 points..Just very bad odds for me I guess and luckily it is the top 50 now for that extra daily guess.

Winner1
10 Jan 17 3:15 PM

Have to now bite my tongue as got a 10 Yay!!! Probably just go back to my normal 2 tomorrow but least I finally have got over 6 now 2 days in a row!!!

Winner1
11 Jan 17 12:35 PM

10 yesterday, 1 today! lol

shtooff
11 Jan 17 1:10 PM

@Winner1 Argh two days in a row of 3 sigh. lol
Hate to say both of us probably be pushing it for the top 3 this month. Hmm 45 points after 11 days you'll need to average about 7.5 for the rest of the month . Need about 192ish to be to in the running for 31 days, if it's not your birthday month.

Always the weekly guessing game to hang out for until next month. :)

@shtooff That used to be my old pattern. I'm due for some 10's. X fingers

Maybe they could add in a "treasure hunt" bonus each day to keep it interesting. A small bonus eg 5 points, for the lucky few that "enter" a newly listed competition within that day. EG randomly allocate X amount of members each day to "enter" a random chosen new competition listed, only valid for that day. Do that for each day of the month.

The issues I anticipate, as there are probably a lot of old/inactive accounts the selection of random members, eg 5 each day, must of "entered" a new competition the previous day. Some way to filter out inactive members, otherwise the "treasure hunt" could be predominately randomly allocated to inactive accounts. Assuming might be a good percentage of those compared to active members.

Lemond
12 Jan 17 1:37 AM

I too have been lamenting my bad luck on the random points. Last month I had 25 birthday points and still only managed to just scrape into 3rd place, but this month has been woeful with just 53 daily bonus points in 12 days that's an average of 4.4 and I definitely will be struggling to even stay in top 50 if this keeps up :( I see today's top 3 are on 87, 85 and 80 daily points so no chance of catching them

purplesp8y
12 Jan 17 9:08 AM

@shtooff yes that finishes my 2 days in a row over 6 Today was 1 again !

Winner1
12 Jan 17 4:02 PM

@Lemond Well that finishes my 2 days of over 6 back to 1 again today. Clearly I am never to be in the top 3 even be lucky to make the top 50 once again ! No birthday this month so I just hope each week to win the guessing game.

Winner1
12 Jan 17 4:07 PM

Yay !Another 1 today !

Winner1
13 Jan 17 8:36 PM

@Winner1 You can keep those to yourself. I might have 1/2 a chance will see by the end of the week.

Lemond
16 Jan 17 11:30 PM