Forum

General Chatter

I certainly hope this site does not go the way of competitionsguide.com.au
Members now have to pay to use the "premium" version of the site. You can still access the site for free, but it is extremely limited with virtually no access. It seems you cant even use the "contact us" area to complain about it.
This kind of defeats the purpose, having to pay a membership fee just to enter competitions. Most people I am sure, are like me and enter these competitions to try to get something for nothing (or perhaps the price of a product)
I hope that word of mouth on here (and many many other sites/social media I visit) puts the message out there.
Just letting you guys know, that what this forum is about is it not. To let "our" community know what's going on out there in the world of competition entering.

wolverine
18 Jan 17 8:55 AM

Lotto's are same. Great if you win all the time but if like me who hardly ever wins it's just not worth it

Anna2077
18 Jan 17 11:34 AM

Not much point in paying for membership when you can access most of the same comps on here for free.

iliketowinthings
18 Jan 17 11:52 AM

Let me see we all "work" promoting all these business for the chance to win. Now they want to everyone to pay for that chance. hmmmm. I think those fee comping sites need a better business model.

It takes time and effort to track down unique giveaways continually and costs associated with hosting and design etc. So guessing flogging members to maintain a level of service.

Question is do those site offer a level of service worth it? I.e. Do they source competitions themselves or using volunteers to source listed giveaways.
What's the incentive to share giveaways and on those sites? Do members get discounts etc?

competitionsguide.com.au I don't use that often so won't be missing anything. Nothing that two seconds of google can't locate.

Lottos though might be a good source of giveaways, it's interface and ease of use is something out of the stone age.

Facebook is probably the best source as most promoters use Facebook to promote their giveaways. Also due to the vast interconnected network of compers you probably can source enough to keep to you happy for a lifetime.

My general impression most of the aussie sites just utilizing the network of Australian compers out there or short list of common promoters. I don't see too much fresh stuff popping up and lacking in some key areas. I.e. men's fashion and technology. Where the hell are all the goods men's fashion giveaways, I rarely see many displayed on those sites.

I don't feel much need to pay for those sites as two seconds you can google and find the giveaway anyway. There are also some good free resources still out there.

One of these days will get around doing an automated system especially for international giveaways. Generally I find those are overlooked on the Aussie sites.

Ps By the time the giveaways are listed on those paid sites they're common knowledge for the Aussie compers already. :)

Lemond
18 Jan 17 1:26 PM

@jennifer.lobster Roughly 300ish listings per month is a fraction of Australian giveaways out there. This site has one of the better formats. Lacking in the ease of use of leave a comment on the giveaway. Notice no one bothers or haven't noticed it.

They could at least publish some of the reoccurring ones when they are released. I see must be Wednesday the weekly Android Authority is announced. It's usually published by 7 am Monday. :)

Lemond
18 Jan 17 1:32 PM

What's the difference between the limited and "premium" versions? I can't see too many compers paying for numerous sites, especially if they all listing roughly the same ones or sourcing from the same gene pool!

Lemond
18 Jan 17 1:44 PM
V

Not much difference between premium pizza and traditional pizza.
I prefer traditional.
Why add lobster and prawns. Just get the meatlovers

vnessa
18 Jan 17 4:30 PM

This is the only site I use. (I'm staying loyal) I've tried competitionsguide.com.au before. I've never won anything on that site. Best outlay of website and I've won numerous of comps on here too. I'm happy to stay put. :)

SunnyLife
19 Jan 17 10:30 AM

@gemini69 Put it this way my list of international giveaways would rival most sites. Well I know where to find the aussie ones :)

Thou really you need to source from at least a few locations to get a good variety or giveaways that may specifically interest you.

I'm loyal to the site. Love the forum and hanging out for the guessing game or leader board one year. lmao

Lemond
19 Jan 17 11:41 AM

@Lemond not really into international comps. They send me to many spam and scam e-mails. Plus the whole wide world enters, so not much chance at winning. Each to their own. Maybe I'm just an Aussie through and through. LOL

SunnyLife
19 Jan 17 3:38 PM
U

Has anyone cashed in surveys or gift vouchers it seems to be stuck in maintenance for weeks at a time is this a fake site as I don't have a PayPal account please help?!@SunnyLife

U

Can I get gift vouchers yet maintenance sign on redeem vouchers please let me know soon thanks?!