Forum

Feedback / Suggestions

Hi All, We are considering opening up "add a competition" to our members with the opportunity to earn CompBux for approved competitions. Would there be any volunteers who would like to be the first testers?

admin
23 Jan 17 2:55 PM

@admin, I'd put my hat into the ring. Do you have an idea yet how CompBux allocation and redemption might work? I'm sure the comping community here would like to know more. I certainly would. Cheers.

toxicgherkin
23 Jan 17 10:00 PM

Yes, please! I'd love to do that!

bbjsr
23 Jan 17 11:17 PM
I

No doesn't sound like a good idea.
I think Lemond would just flood the page.

In_it_to_win
24 Jan 17 1:20 AM

Great idea, I often come across great comps on Facebook I'd love to share with others. Thank you

Smalot11
24 Jan 17 1:21 AM

Count me in! :)

fourleaf
24 Jan 17 12:53 PM

I could... but I thought this was already an option? When did this get taken away?

shtooff
24 Jan 17 1:16 PM

Can there be a rule that a competition can only be added once.

gaseja
25 Jan 17 5:44 PM

@gaseja, good point! Or would that be a few CompBux points? ;)

toxicgherkin
26 Jan 17 9:57 AM

Guess I could volunteer a "few" international giveaways. What you think @toxicgherkin. :)

Lemond
28 Jan 17 12:10 AM

@newbie_1 lol Least they may be originally sourced. I'm fairly sure some finally get to here via the Aussie Facebook groups that I share. It's a challenge thou to find unique giveaways. They are only truly unique once, after that when shared about the promoter becomes well known and may send out notifications/emails for future giveaways.

There a few Australian compers that do awesome volunteering posting up giveaways on sites. If they are members of here they are more likely to "flood" with fresh giveaways. It takes time locate and check terms and conditions and post in the required formats.

@gaseja Good point about being added once is good.
Most of the Australian Facebook giveaways are well circulated among the Aussie compers. The issue might be a lot of members competing to post from that network. I.e. Giveaways posted won't be anything really fresh. I just hope the don't end up with a flood of Facebook giveaways.

There are so many competitions out there Aussie and worldwide could be hundreds to choose from each day to post. I tend to focus on the international ones as a lot aren't listed.

Lemond
28 Jan 17 12:19 AM

@wolverine Yes I the possibility is I COULD with some resources I've got to source giveaways. Thou sharing giveaways regrettable lately I've become a bit wary.

I'll take it all as complements. I'm sure some would love more variety of giveaways. :)

Lemond
28 Jan 17 12:33 AM

The main issue with members posting they WILL have to check the terms and conditions. There's a element of responsibility for sharing giveaways to masses.

Lemond
28 Jan 17 12:46 AM

@admin Count me in. At least with have technology gadgets covered. :)

Lemond
28 Jan 17 1:19 AM
H

Yes please, I would be interested

hexrex
28 Jan 17 7:24 AM

@wolverine lol. Compliments. I wouldn't worry too much. I'll find a few giveaways to keep you happy with some "toys".

It takes way too much time to "flood" giveaways for anyone person to do it. It's not all as easy as it sounds, if searching around for more offbeat giveaways, checking the T&C's and then post. Unless you just want members to cherry pick and regurgitate whats already commonly circulating around.

There's on easy solution to alleviate your issue, i.e. post up a few unique giveaways. :)

@toxicgherkin
More importantly, I sure members would love know the T&C's for posting approved giveaways to evaluate whether the effort is worth it.

It only works well when got a mixture of members, contributing with different interests and from a variety of sources. I'd image there would be some guidelines to ensure variety and integrity of postings to reduce any anticipated issues.

Lemond
28 Jan 17 2:54 PM

@wolverine If you look back I a bit through the forum I occasional used to post up a few. Reminds me @Goldmember Happy Birthday for last week sorry didn't get around to a gold themed batch of giveaways. :)

Lemond
28 Jan 17 2:57 PM