Forum

I've Won

So I won a prize in the MadMex Deadly competition from last year in the second chance prize draw but I am not sure if it is even worth claiming. The prize is a $200 Flight Centre Cruise Travel voucher only valid for redemption towards a 7 day cruise that must be taken before the 7/12/17. I have no intention (or funds) of taking a cruise in the the next 9 mths. Seems like a bit of a non prize really. It is a pity it wasn't just a general Flight Centre voucher. It says on the multiple conditions that it is non-transferrable but if anyone wants to put their hand up I can claim it and pass it on. I am grateful for the win but disappointed it wasn't for something I could have used.

kaybee72
11 Mar 17 9:01 AM
I

Message MadMex and ask them to change it if possible. I'm sure a company as big as them would allow some changes!

In_it_to_win
11 Mar 17 5:24 PM

@kaybee72, same thing happened to me last year. It is disappointing. I won a $500 travel voucher last year through a local newspaper. Here I was thinking of a nice weekend getaway but when I went to the travel agent's website, the cheapest getaway was a trip to NZ worth over $2000. It was more a 25% discount, ok , but I didn't want to spend the extra. I couldn't even spend it on airfares. I politely declined. Hope life is treating you well :)

fourleaf
11 Mar 17 5:32 PM
K

@Comp_chick I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask. I will give it a try.

kaybee72
12 Mar 17 9:58 AM
K

@fourleaf That would have been disappointing. Life is good. I have been too busy to do much comping lately but trying to get back into it. :)

kaybee72
12 Mar 17 10:01 AM

Most travel giveaways are pretty sly and more of a "discount" if that. If your lucky you might find someone sympathetic to the wriggle around T&C's. Generally travel giveaways are a con, aimed not at those who can't afford travelling and baiting those who can. (Unless they are also throwing in substantial cash to cover any expenses)

I wouldn't be surprised if the travel "giveaways" actually costs them a cent. They may be getting commissions from airlines and/or resorts you organize the voucher with.

Lemond
16 Mar 17 3:30 PM