Forum

Tips & Tricks

Does everyone get the same amount of random points for visiting the site each day?

ouzocoke
02 Apr 17 3:11 PM

HI, @ouzocoke. Can't say I've had that experience precisely though I suggest you brace yourself in readiness for low daily points, ostensibly randomly! ;) Seems to go with the territory. A gracious 1 point for me today! :(

toxicgherkin
02 Apr 17 5:45 PM

You can add another point to yesterday's for me. A whopping 2 points this morning. Gaaah!

toxicgherkin
03 Apr 17 8:09 AM

So does everyone get different amount of random points per day or same amount

ouzocoke
03 Apr 17 8:29 PM

@ouzocoke, it's a random allocation of between 1 and 10 points to each user that logs in/has activity that particular day. You might find you score a 10 one day and receive 1 point the next day. I received 1 point on Sunday, 2 points on Monday, and I see this from this morning, 7 points. It's different for everyone.

toxicgherkin
04 Apr 17 7:15 AM

@toxicgherkin Please just keep those low random scores to yourself for this month. :)

X fingers it's my turn for finally for a top 3

Lemond
12 Apr 17 8:55 PM

@ouzocoke They should be randomly allocated (1-10) to each member, per day when they visit the home page. Note activation of the random daily points system first requires visiting a new competition posted in that month.

If random you should expect occasional runs of a given number. To have a realistic chance for then top 3 looking at around a monthly total of 190ish-210 daily random points. Adjust that rough requirement down 25 points if it's your birthday month.

I wouldn't worry too much regarding the random daily bonus unless it's your birthday month or only a few birthdays for a given month. Otherwise you need a fair dose of good luck.

You still got double guesses for the weekly guessing game to look forward to in the following month, If end up in the top 50 scores. That's basically guaranteed if you visit the home page (for daily random points), do the guessing game and tick off most of the competitions posted for that month.

For some reason there has been a recent change to the allocation of the birthday bonus to the end of the month. Maybe it's a "cunning plan" to keep members interested.

Lemond
12 Apr 17 9:22 PM