Forum

Leaderboard

Could anyone else not get on the site yesterday?

ouzocoke
11 Jun 17 9:13 AM

Hi, @ouzocoke. Same experience here. I think the site's server/s went offline. Back in business now. yay

toxicgherkin
11 Jun 17 9:37 AM

It was fine "early yesterday" around 12am. I then checked back around 8pm and the severs were offline until at least midnight. I think it was around 12:00-12:30am this morning it was back up.

I couldn't tick off yesterdays comps until around 12:30am this morning. Luckily I don't think there were any comps posted yesterday that also expired.

Lemond
11 Jun 17 10:00 AM

Yes but dont get the points for guessing game and if you miss one day you will never catch up

ouzocoke
11 Jun 17 8:25 PM

Something strange is going on as I go on every morning and have viewed every comp but leader board is showing I've only viewed 144 while leaders are on 152 viewed comps. There couldn't have been that many expired comps in 24 hours?

purplesp8y
12 Jun 17 11:41 AM

Agree. I am at 147 and I have no idea how other people reached 152 competitions.

barefoot
12 Jun 17 12:02 PM

5 comps with 0 days left to enter were added yesterday afternoon, so by this morning they were expired and deleted from forum, only by chance did I see this yesterday :)

moreofachance
12 Jun 17 1:04 PM

Savvy

FARMERTYSON
12 Jun 17 1:12 PM

@moreofachance same here, when I logged in there were few comps that were added yesterday and expired yesterday

Anna2077
12 Jun 17 4:05 PM

@ouzocoke if the competition is there and not expired you get your points.. yesterday few were added just for yesterday

Anna2077
12 Jun 17 4:06 PM

@Anna2077 Just don't go trying clicking on expired comps posted in the same month. If that "feature" is still about it subtracts the point if you had previously viewed it. I've haven't tested since about Feb. I'm not game to try that again.

Usually expired competitions are removed quickly before most would trip over them. Only if you're online before the maintenance to remove them has kicked in. Most members wouldn't come across expired comps still listed, unless you go looking for them.

Lemond
12 Jun 17 8:23 PM

@Lemond I think @admin @Zedmin have nobbled that points deduction for clicking on expired comps. I ventured bravely there the other day, to no points loss. I just wish one could click on expired comps posted/hosted in the month, to catch up on missed points. I guess there's no incentive for site management to get value out of belated click-throughs. Bother!

toxicgherkin
12 Jun 17 9:37 PM

If the site is down, which it was and you cant do the guessing comp for one day. you dont get the points and will never catch up. I dont find this site very good at all there are so many comping sites that are better but dont have your comp on.

ouzocoke
12 Jun 17 10:15 PM

@Lemond they weren't expired, they were open.

Clicked on a few expired in my first year.

Anna2077
13 Jun 17 12:19 AM

The difference in competitions viewed is increasing. Yesterday I had 5 competitions less, today they reached 7. I have now 171 viewed surveys and there are people with 178.

barefoot
13 Jun 17 12:09 PM

All these complaints....I check the site at least 10 times a day. I don't miss many comps that are put up and expire the same day. If the site is down, I keep trying. it's reward for effort people...you can't expect to be rewarded if you want it easy.

spyglass
13 Jun 17 12:55 PM

Some of us work all day and cannot get on the site until night time and if it is down all night then you miss out on the guessing points as I am sure you can do the comps. the next night.

ouzocoke
13 Jun 17 4:21 PM

@toxicgherkin Well I don't mind not getting points for expired comps. It's part of the skill component to keep actively using the site etc.

I not game to test expired comps. If it's been fixed it's only been since Jan/Feb when accidentally rediscovered that feature.

Must say they have been a lot more active with posting comps this month. Also a lot more closing on the same day as posted. Keeping everyone on their toes.

Thou with last minute postings, if it's a brand new comp not really a desirable posting on the last day. If it was reposting a comp as a reminder that's expiring would be acceptable. Guess depends whether they are holding back on competitions found or just discovering some at the last minute. Also got the possibility of a one day comp thou don't come across those too often.

Lemond
14 Jun 17 2:38 PM

@spyglass Agree it's not hard to check for new postings and tick them off. Overall the leader board is one of the more interesting comps. I shows who the "determined/persistent" compers are. God for most comps you get hundreds eyeing off of a prize. The odds are pretty good compared to most comps if persistent.

@toxicgherkin your next movie script

A comping expert finds himself transported to another planet after conquering The Leader Board only to find out it was just a test. He was recruited to join the team of best comper's to defend their world from the attack. :)

Lemond
14 Jun 17 2:46 PM

@ouzocoke If ask the admin they might be able to give you a fix for the missed guessing game. I t was down for an extended period on that day. I'm not sure exactly how long somewhere between 6pm and midnight.

For competitions in general I've come across technical issues eg page won't let me submit entry or comps have closed early. In those cases see T&C's and better luck for the next comp. Always best to enter ASAP instead of the last minute. Now if only kept to that rule I might have better luck.

Lemond
14 Jun 17 3:15 PM

logged in in the early hours of the am and missed out on 3 comps from yesterday. When I checked around 9pm they weren't there.. 3 points will not make much a difference for me as my daily score today is a whooping 2

Anna2077
14 Jun 17 6:59 PM

@Anna2077 These comps did you see them on the site earlier in the day? Guessing you know missed some if checking other members comps viewed.

I do recall some expiring comps posted most likely you didn't check close enough around 9pm. Unless there has been a change where comps are displayed as "expired" as soon as past the closing time, instead of at midnight. I haven't paid close attention if that's the case.

Some sites do list closing times if available and when the closing time expires the competition status immediately changes to closed. It not always consistent or correct.

You still got top 10 to hope for. Will probably need a slightly above score around 170-175 depending on how grouped the scores end up. Could end up with around 15 or more members "winning".

Lemond
15 Jun 17 2:25 PM

@Lemond didn't check around 9pm .. mostly only check one time a day.. now twice as I've noticed that some comps come up for a few hours.

No chance for top 10 as lost few days have been 2 1 4 daily scores... cannot ever remember finishing in top 10 either.

not even winning comps ... nothing in the last 6 months or is it 8? lost track

Anna2077
16 Jun 17 1:54 AM

@Anna2077 I'm not 100% sure if the posts where removed before midnight for the day in question. The easiest method to find overlooked comps is using the filters. Occasionally some are "time warped" and are display posted as days or even weeks earlier.

Lemond
16 Jun 17 7:40 AM

@Anna2077 You never know you luck might turn and end up in the top 10. It be around 30-40% chance of making the top 10 each month with 40 active members. So over a year be like picking up 4th once. Mind you might need those compbux to fill in the discrepancies for 2nd and 3rd to be able to cash out immediately.

Also without the birthday bonuses the leader board should be fairly tight from 5th to 10th. There's the possibility that 10th could be a below average score i.e. for 30 days 165 random daily points required. It all depends how grouped the scores end up. I shouldn't say too much on that subject. I call it the Ophra scenario.

Lemond
16 Jun 17 7:56 AM

@Lemond I only search with filters

Anna2077
16 Jun 17 1:48 PM

@Lemond haven't been top 10 either... money would be good now, or a win that would be a treat, but no! when I need something I have to buy as I don't win

Anna2077
16 Jun 17 1:50 PM

@Anna2077 It will happen. :) I find the harder you try the less success you have. @toxicgherkin usually has a good strategy focus on the ROI for time spent. :)

I've done much comping for a few months. My ROI for comps entered isn't bad. i.e. the leader board about one of the few comp I focused on. The odds where too good at the time to ignore. lmao

Hmm after a few good days might have a shot at this months leader board. Still bit early to starting getting too excited. The random email might be my Achilles heel. I don't get the reasoning why they want members to find a random email in the haystack of spam emails. Especially if it just linking back to the site. WTF . Could save the trouble and just use the new messaging system or put whatever important enough prominently on the site. +1 For a big red button :)

I'm still preoccupied doing my Giveaway Entry Management System. It can be exhausting keeping up with all the emails and Facebook notifications etc when in comping binge.
It's making good progress this last week for one major section. Maybe by the end of the month that section will be a working prototype. Then need to revisit the interface section to manage comps to enter/entered.

I think be a couple of months before get around to linking comps entered to my emails and social media notifications. Aim to highlight any emails/notifications to comps entered. eg if expecting a draw or new comp announced. etc. Will act as a filter for comps entered. :)

I find programming more relaxing them comping any day. I.e. no deadlines every few hours for bonus entries, delete, delete, delete endless emails and endless notifications. I'm not missing keeping up with those.

Lemond
16 Jun 17 3:00 PM

@Lemond not won anything since Nov, Dec 2016.. only entering few comps for the crap that I need or want.. everything else is just clutter.

cannot even win chocolates or tix to see something.

need at least 20 days of high numbers to get anywhere.. may be after I've been here for 5 or so years my luck will change.

Money would be good to win as I have a huge dental bill hanging over me.

Anna2077
16 Jun 17 7:44 PM

@Anna2077 Well all the random comps are a numbers game the more times you enter the better your chances, obviously! It's it matter of hanging in there and being persistent. They can be time consuming thou to pick up wins depending on how many entries.

You looking at requiring to enter and manage checking back for a few hundred at least each month. Occasional you might come across comps with a high number of prizes. There is one or promoters that come to mind that do a few comps each year.

The main skill for random comps is finding the ones off the main comping radar. Ok well also the skill of marketing for referrals etc. For some international random/referral based comps you've got your work cut out against some organised compers. For the aussies from what if noticed minor in comparison.

I've seen some international comps where can they get 300+ referrals which is about the core number of total active Aussie compers. If going down that track you need to work on networking skills.

Skilled based comps, if you got a forte at creativity for WOL, photography, video, comedy, beauty you may expect a higher ROI for time spent.

How you think @toxicgherkin gets those regular wins? It's not just his pretty mug. :)

Lemond
17 Jun 17 9:05 AM

@Lemond @toxicgherkin is good!!

I try 25 WOL but some of the answers that win don't even answer the question. FB are weird as people copy your answer and think that you will not find out

Anna2077
17 Jun 17 10:22 AM

@Anna2077 Well you got just to got to find your forte there are plenty different types of creative comps. :)

Well if the comp is going around the Aussie comping circles the promoter is highly likely to be notified if in comper's opinions they think might be a breach of T&'Cs. Sometimes jump the gun and get "emotional" lol

Yeh @toxicgherkin is always good or good at it. If it's a matter being persistent with the WOL/creative generally having better odds. :)

Lemond
18 Jun 17 3:54 PM

@Anna2077 I only do the occasional WOL and probably not my forte. There's plenty of advice in the blogs and if check out previous winning examples can help you improve. It can be ongoing process. They can good fun and change of pace form the random draws. Overall they usually aimed at marketing the promoter and helps if have genuine interest in the promoter and/or prize for ideas. The Gruen Transfer was a great show for marketing ideas for WOL I miss the show.

Part of what I aiming at is keeping an organised record of my own responses and possible the winning one as quick reference for future. It might improve myself you need to be wary the influence they might have on your own responses. Sometimes key words or ways to cut down on words so it's not so verbose. (unlike my responses) lmao

The stage working atm giving it eyes to find comps to enter later.
From there list those entered for checking back and/or bonus entries etc etc. I did that part few months back. Note to myself must remember to add in features for storing WOL/creative comps.

Lemond
18 Jun 17 4:18 PM