Forum

General Chatter

Just received an email ' thank you so much for entering the competition' but regrettably this time you didn't win.. please enjoy the 20% voucher ... bah!

Every Single Time they do it to me..

Anna2077
22 Jun 17 2:48 PM

The big win must be just around the corner :)

Smalot11
22 Jun 17 4:27 PM

@Smalot11 thank you, but even a small one would be good.. dry spell is shocking. Since end of last year. :-)

Play and dinner would have been fantastic.

Anna2077
22 Jun 17 6:02 PM

@Anna2077 Hang in there you only a couple of points off 10th for the leader board. :)

Lemond
22 Jun 17 7:18 PM

It makes me wonder if those comps are legit. No one wins, but everyone wins 20% off or gets some sort of discount. I get those all the time. Great sales pitch from companies to get more customers to purchase their product.

SunnyLife
23 Jun 17 10:41 AM

@SunnyLife I'm out of work so winning tix to go to a show plus dinner would have been amazing... 20% of show tix when I cannot afford to go is nothing. tix are around $150, so $30 off is nothing.. then there is dinner...

Anna2077
23 Jun 17 1:36 PM

@Lemond waiting to win 'you've got a job' game and still nothing .... even simple data entry.. not doing it now. means not qualified ... recruiters need to live my life for a few years... then see how they like being treated like crap.

Anna2077
23 Jun 17 1:37 PM

@Anna2077 I think a lot of people are in your predicament when it comes to the job aspect, that's why people do the comps. I don't even bother with the % off as it still costs extra $$$.

SunnyLife
23 Jun 17 4:49 PM

@SunnyLife I don't bother either... unless it's something I need and discount is decent. .. 20% of a show that I wouldn't usually see is nothing.

Should be working but recruiters are being a pain in the neck and always ready with an excuse... e.g. they advertise great jobs for WHV and I apply as I have the skills. Reply ' you don't have what the client needs and we are doing what the client wants..

Most clients don't want WHV... used to say nothing and let it go but cannot do so any longer so question them as the ad always states.. call and talk.

Told them in email that fighting for survival, one called me and told me that I'm not her problem. lovely people.

Anna2077
23 Jun 17 10:23 PM

@Anna2077 yes it's a dog eat dog world out there. I've been asked my age from one interviewer over the phone and she hung up on me and I'm not that old, yet. People like to hire the young ones so that they can pay them less and I'm sure there are other reasons as well. A lot of discrimination goes on out there in the job market. Good Luck with the job hunting. :)

SunnyLife
24 Jun 17 8:04 AM

@SunnyLife thank you! I need miracle..

They pay 23yo same as they pay 40+ yo... it's just that some companies only staff their departments with 20 something.. some crap about culture fit.

Anna2077
24 Jun 17 11:37 AM

@Anna2077 Didn't you know that once you turn 30 your old...LOL...(I know its no laughing matter) it just seems to be the way of the world these days. Sad but true. They want fresh faced babies with the experience...what the?

SunnyLife
24 Jun 17 12:00 PM

@SunnyLife they want us to work till we are 70, but will not give us work .. strangely the whole department has to be in their 20s.. it's cultural fit.. what utter crap

heard it too often

Anna2077
24 Jun 17 11:26 PM