Forum

Feedback / Suggestions

The ad on the left has got to go.. it's too long and I'm not interested in overseas implants, dating women or anything else it's flogging.

Anna2077
30 Jun 17 10:55 PM

I only got one chance in guess game, came 12th, should be two chances ;(

FARMERTYSON
01 Jul 17 8:16 AM

Not sure where I came (how can I find that out?) in the ranking, but I am certain I would have been in the range to get that extra guess each day. I too have only received one guess today. If it's a glitch then I suppose I have missed out today then.

wolverine
01 Jul 17 8:22 AM

Last nite at 10 ;30 I was 10th and no 100 compbux :( but did get two guesses :)

JoLee
01 Jul 17 9:19 AM

Same only one guess this morning and just before midnight I was 17th, well within the 50 for double guesses

purplesp8y
01 Jul 17 10:18 AM

Yes:( only one guess too and well within top 50!! My whole month has been devastated lol

Trevsta
01 Jul 17 10:40 AM

Me too, how am I going to get through this!!

Brookemaree93
01 Jul 17 10:45 AM

I've missed out on the second guess too this morning.

barefoot
01 Jul 17 11:13 AM

I also have missed out on the second guess this morning. Hope a glitch will be fixed soon.

Ascompet
01 Jul 17 12:18 PM

Missed out on a second guess as well

Anna2077
01 Jul 17 3:33 PM

me 2

Mamma
01 Jul 17 9:40 PM

Ditto

Try2win
01 Jul 17 10:34 PM

A lof of names above I recognise from the midnight crew/early birds. :)

The only time I've seen that occur in the past is when registering a guess close to midnight on the first day. There appears to be a small time frame where the maintence hasn't completed calculation for which members entitiled to double guesses for the new month, which I've previous brought up. That seems to be for at least a few minutes after midnight. I'd give 10 minutes to be sure. I''ve been caught out once before. :(

What happens from experience anyone doing a guess before the maintence has worked out the new months guess entitlement you get the regualr guess.

It's also possible some new bugs or the T&C's have been changed to extend to the top 10 for single guess and not updated.
Argh note on the first day of the month it's not wise to jump in head first. Wait for some poor suckers to test if it's safe, unless got nothing to lose. lmao

Lemond
02 Jul 17 1:15 AM

@JoLee I'm not exactly 100% certain if ended up 10th you were floating around 10th. I was curious what score 10th would end up. The modelling is around 176* - 170 for 10th for 30 days. That's just an average expected score also need to take account how many scores end up grouped, missed comps and any other bonuses. Looking around requiring 1/2 dozen points above the average i.e. 165. Which I think was about your score.

It's possible either members ticked off the link bonus late, competitions viewed or there was movement in scores above you spreading out the rankings and just pushing you out. Hmm thou I suspect you might of ended up 10th.

It be great if they displayed the leader board winners for the top 10.

Lemond
02 Jul 17 1:41 AM

For those that only got the one guess for the first day how did go for today?

Lemond
02 Jul 17 1:42 AM

Still only one guess

Brookemaree93
02 Jul 17 7:34 AM

Still only one guess today for me too!

wolverine
02 Jul 17 8:24 AM

Same, just 1 guess!

Try2win
02 Jul 17 9:47 AM

Only one guess

Ascompet
02 Jul 17 10:48 AM

Same here. Only one guess!

barefoot
02 Jul 17 10:48 AM

So, who were the top 10 in June? Have they been published somewhere? I think last time I checked on the 30th I was around 11th place, but before midnight it could have changed.

barefoot
02 Jul 17 10:57 AM

Get this, my last number I was gonna guess this week was 240 Seriously, one guess short cost me a win but that's life on the farm for u, good with the bad.....All Good

FARMERTYSON
02 Jul 17 11:46 AM

2 guesses today

Try2win
03 Jul 17 10:01 AM

@Try2win double guesses today......still the same :)

Trevsta
03 Jul 17 10:45 AM

I got double guesses today but maybe everyone did?

barefoot
03 Jul 17 11:08 AM

I also got two guesses today but maybe all members did ..... (Because you are awesome, today everyone gets double entries.)

Ascompet
03 Jul 17 1:48 PM

@Ascompet Yeh I'm fairly sure today was double guess day as I got 2 guesses as well.
If "entitled" to the bonus guess then you "should" of got 4 guesses.
Is anyone getting the bonus guesses? i.e. today 4 guesses.

It could be they've scrapped the bonus guess for everyone and forgotten to update the rules or haven't finished implementting all the new rule changes.

In the meanwhile welcome to my hell of regular guesses. The bonus there's less to do each day.

X fingers the @admin either updates the rules or fixes it up ASAP. :)

Lemond
03 Jul 17 3:53 PM

@Lemond 4? I only had 2

Anna2077
03 Jul 17 5:12 PM

@Lemond I totally agree with your comment. Hopefully a glitch will be fixed soon.

Ascompet
03 Jul 17 8:38 PM

@Anna2077 Regarding 4th-50th Prize: Will gain an extra guess everyday when playing the guessing game for the following month.

If it is double guess day which I'm presuming as I got 2 guesses today, you get double what your "entitled" guesses are. i.e. if on regular guess you get two guesses, if on the extra guess you get 4 guesses today.

If that isn't the case you might need to get the attention of the @admin. It appears you've got a "few" fellow members to join you . :)

Lemond
03 Jul 17 10:40 PM

@Anna2077 Argh!!! Yeah I see how that big advert on the left covers your daily points. Hmm I'm probably wishing right now that I didn't just set the adblocker to remove it.

Lemond
04 Jul 17 12:07 AM

What a beautiful way to start the comping day. It seems that a guessing game glitch has been fixed as I got two entries today. How many guesses did other members have?

Ascompet
04 Jul 17 7:07 AM

@Lemond haha yesterday my daily score was 1 & today it's 2... do wonder why I bother.. in 2.5 years never made it to top 10... guess now never will

Anna2077
04 Jul 17 10:19 AM

The guessing game seems to have been fixed, I got 2 guesses this morning, it said that I get a bonus guess each day, so had my 2, thanks @admin

Try2win
04 Jul 17 10:25 AM

The guessing game seems to have been fixed, I got 2 guesses this morning, it said that I get a bonus guess each day, so had my 2, thanks @admin

Try2win

Try2win

Yes! I got 2 guesses too this morning! :-)

barefoot
04 Jul 17 10:51 AM

Trying to understand how my comment regarding advertising managed to get taken over by the guessing game comments ... someone help.. ta :-)

Anna2077
04 Jul 17 1:30 PM

:)

JoLee
04 Jul 17 1:51 PM

Mmmm, I have a big ad down the left side of the comps page, but mine is for 'win Aussie made prizes', I don't mind seeing that one :)

Try2win
06 Jul 17 10:05 AM

@Try2win that's all I see now as well. The ad is hiding daily points pus other details. .. it's all about formatting images when it comes to websites .. hopefully next update will fix it.

Anna2077
06 Jul 17 11:10 AM

@Anna2077 Hmm it appears someone's been busy trying to thwart adblockers. Time to upgrade the arsenal with a nuke for them. That's better! God if only the ads didn't make the site so unusable. Thou on the bright side now found a better option for those in your face ads.. :)

Lemond
11 Jul 17 1:48 AM

@Lemond how are you enjoying frames? might try viewing on a different browser tomorrow...

Anna2077
11 Jul 17 12:04 PM

@Anna2077 I think are referring to the concept of "frames verses the deprecated HTML Frame.

Yeah on different OS/browsers will display differently.

On the pc I haven't noticed too much change apart from a lot of white space and wasted space at the top 1/3 of the page. The could try condense that by 1/2 so can see some actual content!

I think on the ipad is displaying "frames" which looks/interacts horrid with the ads and stop usig the site on the Ipad. I haven't got around to exploring content blockers etc on the ipad. Noticably on the Ipad the ads on the site have become graffiti upsetting the layout and interaction with the site. When visiting the home page all I see on the Ipad is a page full of ads.

Last night got a banner regarding disable your adblocker on the guessing game page when using the PC. I had just a stock standard adblocker. There are methods they can be detected etc. I.e. someones added in a new script in the last day or so. Well gave me the motivation to find a better alternative. :)

Ps The ad blocking is not about not supporting the site etc but making it enjoyable and useable to actually read what little content is remaining.

Lemond
11 Jul 17 7:28 PM

@Lemond cannot be bothered with ad blockers .. will just keep on getting annoyed :-)

Anna2077
12 Jul 17 5:00 PM

@Anna2077 That's the spirit if it keeps you motivated. lmao

Usually I don't bother too much with them myself. Thou can do more then just block unwanted Ads they can block malicious sites/scripts as well reducing potient threats.

I find ads also can slow down loading of pages dramicitally. Gor one site's competitions it involves searching 1000's of pages. Every "few" seconds saved per page viewed make a difference. It also means I can have more pages open at the same time until the PC grinds to a halt or starts playing up due to low memory. When you're having pages take 10 seconds to load your patience might start getting a bit thin. Even if it's automatically set up to the browsing.

When I site "attempts" to block/hide a page from displaying until you disable the adblocker that get's my goat. I simple message would of sufficed.

It can fruitless trying to stop all adblockers, thou some are pretty simple to detect. The recent changes have highlighted you need to strike a balance with the ads displayed and still maintain reasonable functionality and enjoyment of a site.

In the end what is displayed is determined at the user end. There's only so much you can do. It's the browser/app used that determines how and what is displayed. A customised browser/app you could reformat a page however you choose.

Eg last night I thought was a good idea to try out the facebook app on the MS store. Sigh disappointing that it doesn't have an option to show top comments. It's the first thing I check for posted results on FaceBook. Using the browser by defualt get that option. Also with other browser add ins you can add extra functionality to the FB webpage. Eg more detailed display of posted times etc. etc.. Thou I think the biggest drawback of using the app I don't think there's an option to add the page to my bookmarks for helping check back on results. So that Facebook app has been quickly binned.

Now if only there was an browser addon/app that could reformat any site and reformat and change the functionality how you choose. :)

Lemond
13 Jul 17 1:07 AM

@Anna2077 I'm suprised you're getting overseas implants, dating women the can/should tailor the types of google adds dsiplayed related to the site. It probably reflects your browsing/search history. lmao. The ones I used to see were basically the same as some of the "featured" comps/ads.

Lemond
13 Jul 17 1:31 AM

@Lemond hate to disappoint your twisted little mind, but no. Had ads followed my browsing history it would only be employment ads

Anna2077
13 Jul 17 11:00 AM

@Lemond this site is not mobile friendly

Anna2077
13 Jul 17 11:02 AM

@Anna2077 lmao. I wouldn't expect thouse offensives adds to appear on this site. That's the root of my point regarding offensive/inappropriate ads and another reason to block them.

I think there are options the site may provide to Google to tailour the type of ads dished out according to interest groups. From from memory the ads themselves have options not to display again and provide a reason why which taliour the ads dished out to you. If ony were options for the google ads display only for a selection of interests or don't display at all.

Looks like Facebook mobil app is going to added ads. Just what we all need to consume mobile data allowances. http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40592427

Regarding ads if you hate them so much can check out https://saveoursbs.org/ and least keep our Goveernment broadcasters free of unwanted ads. :)

Lemond
14 Jul 17 1:47 AM

@Anna2077 Your "browsing" history can determine what ads are displayed. Possibly been redirected by a site visted to an unwanted link at some point why the "browsing" is in quotes.

It could be a number of factors what ads are dished out. eg From googles perspective could who pays the most apart from your interests. :)

One forum just quickly google. https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12112352 which gives some users examples regarding ads dished out. Argh I might be getting ads for adblockers if hadn't disabled them.

Lemond
14 Jul 17 2:46 AM

@Lemond I am fully aware of that.. then again the only things I do on this browser is comps..

Anna2077
14 Jul 17 1:59 PM