Forum

Leaderboard

I am trying so hard this month to crack the top ten. Even though I entered everything I'm eligible for and used all the newsletter links, no joy. So this month head down, click click clack! I am not aiming too high, just slowly sneak up a bit each month. I need to learn how to add comps to help everyone else. I have read some people are really frustrated at their leaderboard results. Don't give up, then you'll never get there. If there is a state that has a lot of state only comps some months that is hard to beat. Just remember there are a lot of us trying to be on top and don't forget it's fun having a challenge. Good luck this month everyone.

heidiho73
07 Nov 17 1:43 PM

@heidiho73 to get a point for a listed comp you only need to view it, not enter it. So it does not matter what states are eligible to enter the comp for you to get a point.

spyglass
07 Nov 17 2:58 PM

Hello there @heidiho73!
Nice to hear from you! Yes, remember as @spyglass says that you only need to click on the comps on this site so they change colour to "viewed" to get your point. No need to view or enter all the comps in the newsletters to get points as mostly they're comp summeries or reminders of comps already listed here unless you want to of course. :) Hope you do all the other things like updating your profile for extra permanent points as well...looking forward to seeing you on the leaderboard soon!

fourleaf
08 Nov 17 5:39 PM

@spyglass Thanks for clearing that up, I hope to creep up there. Have a wonderful,sunny weekend.

heidiho73
10 Nov 17 10:55 PM

@fourleaf Thanks for going to the trouble of explaining that so clearly, I really appreciate your giving spirit and it's great to hear from you. Your good people. I hope you win something extra special this week, I'll think positive thoughts of luck in your direction. Have an interesting weekend mate.

heidiho73
10 Nov 17 10:58 PM

:)

fourleaf
11 Nov 17 11:17 AM

@heidiho73 As long as you complete the major bonus which are mandatory to have a genuine chance you're in the running.
-You will NEED to do every day the guessing game. (50 points)
-NEED to click on the email newsletter bonus. (30 points)
-Visit the home page daily where the competitions are listed to obtain your daily random points (1-10)
-Tick off most if not all competitions posted during the current month before they EXPIRE or before the end of the month.

As the guessing game has a bonus worth 50 points each day, if miss a day statistically is improbable for a top 10. Still may/likely make the Top 50 if miss only one day. That depends how many active members. Trend seems can miss one miss day currently.

For the newsletter email bonus also virtually mandatory (30 points). It will be fairly obvious when that occurs. I.e. Should notice a jump in the leaderboard scores or a dramatic drop in your leaderboard position. Best to log into this site first the click on the bonus link within that newsletter email. The hard part maybe locating that email.

Make sure visit the home page each day to collect your daily random points. Just a note for the first day of the month to activate the points system first click on a new comp posted then refresh the main comp page. That's an annoying feature which catches out new members.

Only comps posted this month count towards the comps viewed tally. You can miss a few comps posted without too much effect. Thou could make the difference between few positions at the end of the month. It appears you might of missed a couple of competitions so far posted this month. You can use the filter by entered which will display competitions you haven't clicked. Note if was posted this month and already expired it shouldn't be displayed.

Good luck :)

Lemond
11 Nov 17 12:09 PM

Thank you so so much for that comprehensive answer. I am wondering now about the newsletter bonus. Why would it be hard to find the email?

heidiho73
14 Nov 17 11:26 AM

@heidiho73 Argh ... when you got 80,000+ emails between a couple of accounts finding those elusive important emails, especially the winning ones gets "challenging".

Lesson is first create a separate comping account then don't then decide to switch back. You get twice as many spam emails. Thou the advantage is you can spot those easier when get them twice.

Yeah found a winning email tonight. Nothing major just a PC game. Now if only had a decent PC to run it on.

Lemond
14 Nov 17 9:33 PM