Forum

General Chatter

@Smalot11, just curious how you went with your comping challenge! I remember that you were well on your way to lots of fantastic wins after winning so many! :) Happy new year to everyone too! :)

fourleaf
02 Jan 18 6:41 PM

I was thinking the same yesterday. Though I know overall you must very happy with some of the great wins. :)

Lemond
03 Jan 18 9:44 AM

1-1000 comps entered from the 14.8 - 7.10. Won 23. 17 still to be drawn. Biggest prize won so far, new iPhone 7 128GB

1001-2000 comps entered from 9.10 - 27.11 Won 30, 42 still to be drawn. Biggest prize won so far, 10kg Whirlpool Washing Machine

Currently working on 2001-3000

2017 was my first full year comping, won a total of 163 prizes. Didn't start tracking comps entered until after I found the 1000 comp challenge.

I have found

* 20 comps a day can at times be quite challenging apart from xmas time where it becomes overwhelming trying to keep up :)
* By keeping track I actually find it more enjoyable and can easily keep track of what I've entered
* I need to dedicate 1-3 hours a day especially towards the more creative (25 WOL) answers to enter 20 per day
* The more I enter the more I win

As a stay at home parent comping has provided so many experiences that my family wouldn't have had this year, it also means I can contribute in a small way to the family budget with some gift cards here and there. all of which I am very grateful for.

Now to win that new car in 2018 :)

Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer

Smalot11
03 Jan 18 1:09 PM

That's a very positive result! @smalot11, Congratulations on all your wins! :) Certainly beats the 4 that the author of that article won. Just one question if you don't mind, how do you track the competitions that you've entered without eating too much into valuable comping time?
Yes, every win helps with the budget :) Here's to a fantastic year and a new car :) Happy New Year!

fourleaf
03 Jan 18 4:37 PM

@fourleaf Thank you. Just a simple notebook with comp name, prize, prize value and draw date. Then going back and highlighting prizes won or prizes announced and drawn. I'm not sure if it would work for others but I find it the simplest method for me.

As for the 4/1000 wins I think he may have shot himself in the foot with the magazine comps he entered. If similar to That's Life or Take 5 in Australia even though your entering 56 comps you only have a chance at winning one because once your name is drawn you don't go back in the pool.

Good luck to you too and Happy New Year! :)

Smalot11
03 Jan 18 5:42 PM

I really like the notebook idea, I often use one as well although I may have to get into the habit of using it again. I like the fact that it's portable as often I go and sit in my backyard (overgrown jungle) :)
Yes could have tried to boost his daily total that way, those ones are difficult to win I think. :)

fourleaf
03 Jan 18 6:20 PM

@fourleaf Yes I'm the same I might enter a few comps while I'm getting the kids from school or similar so easy just to make a note. And I think you're right it was an easy was to boost daily numbers :) Great minds hey hahaha

Smalot11
03 Jan 18 7:01 PM

Lucky.. I never win anything.! Ahh well, just keep trying...

mausie
07 Jan 18 2:30 PM

@mausie Just keep trying! If you stick with anything long enough and strong enough you will win. Good luck for 2018. :)

Smalot11
08 Jan 18 9:28 AM