The Interflora ‘Lion’ Competition Terms & Conditions.
1. The Promoter of The Interflora ‘Lion’ Competition (“The Promotion”) is Interflora Australian Unit Limited (“Interflora Australia”) 4-12 St Edmonds Road, Prahran Victoria 3181.
2. Participating in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
4. The Promotion is open to Australian residents 18 years and over only, where the residential address is within Australia.
5. No purchase is required to enter.
6. The Promotion commences on Monday 9th January 2017 at 9:00am AEST and closes on Thursday 19th January 2017 at 11:59:59am AEST (“Promotional Period”)
7. To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete the entry form.
8. Entries in any other form are not permitted.
9. Entrants are permitted to enter once.
10. Entries generated by script, macro, bot or other automated means are not eligible to enter the Promotion.
11. Entries must be submitted in the English language only.
12. Once submitted, entries may not be altered or deleted.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to alter at its absolute discretion the Promotional Period.
14. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify:
a. Any entries that tamper with, or attempt to tamper with the entry process;
b. Any entries that the Promoter considers manipulative, unrepresentative or disproportionate;
c. Any individuals found entering who corrupt or affect, or attempt to corrupt or affect, the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the entry process
15. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
16. Any incorrect details submitted may render the corresponding entry invalid.
Determining and notifying the winners
17. There will be one grand prize winner.
18. The Winner of the Promotion will be announced on Thursday 19th January 2017 at 4:00pm AEST on the Interflora Australia Facebook page.
19. The most creative entry will be deemed the grand prize winner.
20. Entrants consent to have their names and entries posted to the Interflora Australia Facebook page if they win.
21. The Winner will also be notified by email at the end of the Promotional Period on Thursday 19th January 2017 by Interflora Australia.
22. Once notified by email, the winner agrees to respond in a timely manner
23. If the Winner has not responded to the notification emails by Thursday 2nd February 2017, a runner-up will be chosen in their place.
24. If the runner-up has not replied to notification emails prior to Thursday 16 February, the runner-up forfeits their prize.
25. Interflora Australia will pass the winner’s details onto the Tourism Tasmania, which will be responsible for total prize fulfillment.
26. The grand prize winner releases Interflora Australian Unit Ltd from all liability arising after the winner announcement and email.
Prizes and Claiming Prizes
27. There is one grand prize to be won.
28. The grand prize is valued at AUD$2000.00 (GST inclusive) and made up of the following:
a. 2 x economy class Qantas flights from the nearest capital city to Hobart, courtesy of Qantas.
b. 2 nights’ twin-share accommodation in a Pumphouse Room at Pumphouse Point, courtesy of Pumphouse Point. Rooms include larder with provisions for purchase at guest’ own expense. Meals not included.
c. A two course shared-table dinner, bookings required. Valued at $50pp
d. 3 days’ car hire of a full size vehicle, courtesy of Tourism Tasmania. Pick up and drop off at Hobart Airport. Fuel does not form part of the Prize.
29. The value of the Prize is $2000 AUD (GST inclusive). Prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the suppliers, and are correct as of the time of promotion. If the Prize value is not met, additional land content (such as tours or dinners) can be organised in consultation with Tourism Tasmania and Prize Winner to meet the prize value.
30. The Prize Winner and their travelling companion must travel from the same place and at the same time. The Prize Winner and the Travel Companion of the Prize Winner are responsible for arranging, at their own cost and expense, all transport to and from their principal place of residence to the airport at their nearest capital city. If the winner is unable to use both tickets at the same time, they will forfeit the additional ticket and no compensation will be given in lieu. Any changes or costs incurred once the tickets have been issued will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
31. The Prize must be booked through Tourism Tasmania with advanced notice of a minimum of four weeks. The Prize cannot be changed once the booking has been confirmed by the Tourism Tasmania or its agents with the Prize Winner.
32. If the Prize Winner is a Tasmanian resident, the Prize does not include airfares and the airfare component of the prize is not redeemable for cash.
33. The Prize Winner must specify their preferred flight dates within five (5) days of being notified. The Prize is valid for travel during the following periods: 19 February 2017 - 14 April 2017, 18 April 2017 – 23 December 2017, 3 January 2018 – 30 January 2018 and is not valid for any travel other than the dates specified.
34 The Prize must be taken by 30 January 2018 and is subject to booking, flight, accommodation and experience availability. If travel has not been redeemed within this time period, tickets shall be deemed null and void.
35. The winner and their companion must comply with all regular terms and conditions of the elements of the Prize including, but not limited to, the accommodation and experience provider.
36. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the service provider. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
37. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and their companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
38. The itinerary is to be determined by the winner in agreement with the Tourism Tasmania, but in the event that agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the itinerary. The itinerary cannot be changed by the winner once the booking has been confirmed by the Promoter.
39. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the Prize.
40. The Prize is not transferable to another person or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be redeemed for cash.
41. Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions of Entry, the Prize Winner is responsible for all other expenses including but not limited to spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs.
42. The Prize does not include travel insurance. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
43. Prize travel is subject to the General Conditions of Carriage of Qantas airlines.
44. The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using any part of the Prize.
45. The Prize must be accepted within the Terms and Conditions of Entry and cannot be varied. In the event for any reason a winner does not take an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the Prize. Where a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that Prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities, where required.
46. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the winner to take part in any or all aspects of the Prize, if the Promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that the winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the Prize. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
47. Employees and Directors of Interflora Australia or agencies associated with the Promotion, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter the Promotion. Immediate family means any of the following:
c. De-facto spouse
d. Child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption)
q. First cousin
48. The Promoter’s decision concerning any aspect of the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
49. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, suspend, cancel or recommence the Promotion if:
a. For any reason the Promotion is not capable of proceeding as planned
b. If the promotion is corrupted or the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion is affected.
c. If the determination of the winners or delivery of the prize is prevented or hindered by any event outside Interflora Australia’s control subject to approval by relevant state regulatory authorities.
50. Except for any liability not excluded by law, entrants release and indemnify the Promoter from and against all actions, claims and liabilities that the entrant now has or in the future may have against the Promoter for any loss, damage or injury (including any special or consequential loss) suffered as a direct or indirect results of the entrants participation in the promotion.
51. This Promotion is covered by the Laws of Victoria.