TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Instructions on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these conditions of entry.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia, aged 18 years and over, who are able to travel between 13-20th May 2017. Employees of the Promoter, and their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
3. Only one entry per person will be permitted.
4. The promotional period commences on January 12, 2017 and closes 11:59pm (AEDST) on March 15, 2017. The judging will be done by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The judging will take place at Bauer Media, 54 Park Street Sydney NSW 2000 and will begin on March 24, 2017. The winner will be notified by email and telephone using the contact details provided in their entry.
5. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
6. To enter, individuals must log onto www.australiangeographic.com.au/outdoor and follow the prompts to the competition page and complete the entry form including their full name, mailing address, daytime telephone number, current email address and answer to the competition question in fifty (50) words or less: “what is your most memorable muti-day hiking experience?” and submit the entry as instructed.
7. This is a game of skill, chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary and creative merit of the answer to the question provided. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for late, lost or misdirected entries, or entries not received by the Promoter for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility will be taken by the promoter in the event that the original entry is lost or damaged in editing.
9. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible and discarded.
10. An entry must not be, without limitation:
n) racially or ethnically offensive;
o) capable of encouraging of conduct that would be considered a criminal offence;
p) capable of violating any law;
q) capable of giving rise to civil liability.
Any entry which the judges deem inappropriate will be invalid.
11. All decisions relating to the conduct of the Promoter and Promotion, including, but not limited to, the selection of any and all parts of an entry to be published, and the awarding of prizes, are at the sole and exclusive discretion of Promoter and are final and not subject to appeal.
12. Failure to comply with any term or condition may result in disqualification and/or forfeiture of Prizes at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries at anytime during or after the promotional period, and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
USE OF ENTRIES
14. The Entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is an original artistic work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the Entrant warrants that they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
15. Each entrant grants to the Promoter an irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual licence to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using the entries for future Promoter’s or their agents book publications, promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The Promoter is entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of any submitted entry.
16. The promoter will not be liable for any breach of copyright. The entrant will be solely responsible for their own entry and the consequences of submitting them. The entrant represents and warrants that:
Their entry is their own and:
a) They own or have all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize the promoter to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all entries to enable inclusion and use of the entries in the manner contemplated by these terms and conditions.
17. It is a condition of entering the competition, that the entrant agrees to the use of their entry as determined by the Promoter to be used by the Promoter or their agents for a story or feature on the promotion to be developed and featured in Australian Geographic Outdoor magazine, Australian Geographic website or social media pages (or any other form of media it deems suitable) without further remuneration or reference to the entrant. The inclusion of any such feature (including but not limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Promoter at all times.
18. The best (1) valid entry as determined by the judges will be deemed the prize winner and will win:
a) Two (2) x Return adult economy flights to Launceston from the winner’s nearest capital city valued at up to $1200.00 (including taxes) (depending on point of departure); Departure flight must be redeemed on 13th may 2017 and return flight 20th May 2017.
b) Accommodation for two (2) adults in a standard twin share room at the Commodore Regent valued at up $250.00 per night including breakfast & dinner for both days for the 13th May and 19th May 2016;
c) A Five (5) night/ Six (6) day Walls of Jerusalem Circuit Trek package for Two (2) adults valued at up to $1695.00 per person including: Five (5) nights camping including: Tent hire, backpack hire for two adults, sleeping bag for two adults, inner sheet & inflatable sleeping mat for two adults, 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 5 dinners. Trek package must be redeemed as a package on the following departure date: from 14th – 19th May 2017.
Total prize pool valued at up to $5090.00 (including taxes) (depending on point of departure).
19. Prize must be redeemed in full and as a package between 13th May 2017 to 20th May 2017 to coincide with the Walls of Jerusalem Circuit trek departure date. Prize is subject to availability at the time of booking. The booking time of the flights will be determined by the promoter in its complete discretion. In the event that the winner is unable to redeem the prize on the dates stipulated by the Promoter, and the winner is unable to transfer the prize to a nominated person, then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor another prize will be awarded in lieu of the forfeited prize. In the event that the entire prize is forfeited by the winner, the Promoter will award the prize to the next best valid entry.
20. Prize does not include transfers to and from the winner’s place of residence to the departure point and transfers between the hotel and airport. These costs are the responsibility of the winner.
21. The winner (and their companion) are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, additional domestic flights if required, additional accommodation if required, services charges, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
22. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any accommodation to cover all incidentals they may incur during their stay.
23. The winner and their companion must be 18 years and over to redeem the prize.
24. Inclement weather, group fitness and a number of other factors may influence the planned itinerary causing delays and variations of the tour. The Expedition’s group leader reserves the right to make modifications and or alterations to the trips itinerary in the best interests of all involved. The tour involves a minimum of 3-4 hours of walking per day. For full details of the tour please go to www.tasmanianexpeditions.com.au/index.php?section=trips&id=115610
25. Two (2) flights must be utilized at the same time, for the same travel dates, to and from the same destination.
26. Transport to and from Departure point including but not limited to additional Domestic airfares if required, any additional meals, any extra sightseeing or activities, any additional accommodation, personal spending money, and all other ancillary costs, as well as obtaining any of these, are the responsibility of the winner and their travel companions. Prize also excludes medical expenses, items of a personal nature, beverages, optional tours not outlined, laundry, telephone calls, additional nights, room upgrades or other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize other than those specified. These costs and expenses are the responsibility of the winner. Any extension to the duration of the prize is at the winner’s sole expense and subject to availability at the time of booking. For the removal of doubt, taxes for domestic travel are included in the prize winning domestic airfares provided by the Promoter.
27. All prizes must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize. In the event that a portion of the prize is awarded to the winner in the form of a voucher / ticket / pass/ online, redemption of that portion of the prize will be subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher / ticket / pass/ online. The Promoter will not be liable for any voucher / ticket / pass that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
28. The winner and their guest must not engage in any illegal or unsafe behaviour whilst participating in the prize. To the extent allowable by law, the Promoter and its partners exclude any legal liability or responsibility for legal or otherwise incidents or activities engaged in by the winner or their guest during participation in the prize.
29. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
30. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value.
31. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and their companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
32. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
33. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster)the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
34. If a medical circumstance in some way restricts your ability to enter the competition through the required mechanic, you are still eligible to enter however you must briefly state your circumstances upon entry.
35. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
36. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
37. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
38. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
39. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
41. The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9282 8000.