Tourism Ireland Win a Trip to Ireland Competition – Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Tourism Ireland Limited (ABN 39 055 495 843) of Level 5, 36 Carrington Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, CIE Tours International, Qatar Airways, ABN 18 105 742 916 and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences on 13/03/2017 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEDST on 30/03/2017 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, individuals must visit www.ireland.com/en-au/campaign/normal-campaign/win-a-trip/follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details including title, first name, last name and valid email address and an answer to the promotional question “Why would you like to win this fantastic holiday to Ireland?” in 25 words or less, and submit the fully completed entry form during the Promotional Period.
6. In accordance with Clause 25, by entering, individuals agree to being contacted by the Promoter for future promotional and marketing purposes. At the time of entry, individuals will also be given the opportunity to opt in to receive further communications from both CIE Tours International and Qatar Airways. CIE Tours International and Qatar Airways will use personal information in accordance with their privacy policies which can be found at http://www.cietours.com/australia/privacy.aspx (CIE Tours International) and at http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/privacy.page (Qatar Airways).
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
9. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.If an entrant submits more than one (1) entry, only the first entry submitted will be considered for the purposes of this promotion.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. The judging will take place at Tourism Ireland Limited (ABN 39 055 495 843) of Level 5, 36 Carrington Street, Sydney NSW 2000 commencing on 03/04/2017. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. The winner will be notified by email. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on the literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The best valid entry, as determined by the judges, will win a trip for two (2) adults to Ireland for an eight (8) day Irish Adventure tour valued at up to AU$8,578 depending on date and point of departure. Prize includes:
• Two (2) x return economy airfares (flying Qatar Airways) from the winner's nearest departing airport from Sydney, Melbourne, Perth or Adelaide to Dublin, Ireland. Any costs associated with getting to and from the departing airport are not included and will be the responsibility of the winner; • One night twin share accommodation in Dublin, Ireland (pre tour); • An 8 day 7 night CIE Tours Irish Adventure Tour which includes:
o Accommodation at: Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, Cardiff Lane, Dublin (1 night), Dooley’s Hotel, Waterford (1 night), International Hotel, Killarney (2 nights), Ardilaun Hotel, Galway (1 night), Everglades Hotel, Derry (1 night), Croke Park Hotel, Dublin (1 night); o Sightseeing by luxury coach; o Professional driver/guide; o Full breakfast daily on a set menu; o Five (5) dinners (including 1x Glyde Inn traditional Irish dinner/sho and 4x table d’hote dinners) and one (1) lunch (on a set menu); o Tour of Dublin; o Walking tours of Dublin’s Trinity College, Waterford, Galway and Derry with local guides; o “Titanic” walking tour of Cobh; o Ferry ride across the River Shannon; o Sheepdog trials; o Visits and admissions to Book of Kells at Trinity College, Glendalough Visitor Centre, Dunbrody Famine Ship, House of Waterford Crystal, Blarney Castle, Blarney Woollen Mills, Skellig Experience, Cliffs of Moher, Knock Shrine, Giant’s Causeway and Titanic Belfast; o Audio headsets and group photo; o Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap; o All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person; and o Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies.
Spending money, additional meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken by 01/12/2017 and is subject to booking and flight availability. Tours operate Mondays from 06/03/2017 to 06/12/2017 and Wednesdays from 15/03/2017 to 01/11/2017. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Flights do not include stopover and itinerary cannot be broken. Name changes or departure date changes may incur additional costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. It is the travellers’ personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, which meets the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the travellers.
14. The winner (and his/her/their companion) must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
15. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of a/the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
16. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or suspend or modify a prize.
17. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
18. Total prize pool value is up to AU$8,578. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
20. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
21. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter, CIE Tours and Qatar Airways (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
23. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter, CIE Tours and Qatar Airways (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoters, CIE Tours or Qatar Airways control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter, CIE Tours or Qatar Airways) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, CIE Tours or Qatar Airways; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the Irish Adventure Tour (or part thereof) is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or CIE Tours; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of the prize.
24. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.