1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 16 years or over.
3. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotion opens on 14/07/2017 and final entries close at 11:59am AEST on 19/07/2017 (“Promotional Period”). All times are AEST.
6. To enter, the entrant must during the Promotional Period complete the following steps:
• Visit https://roadshow.com.au/titles/movies/film-nation/2017/the-big-sick • Follow the prompts to entry page; • Input the requested details including their full name, email address and Postcode and State/Territory of residence; • Agree to the Terms and Conditions; and • Submit the fully completed online entry form.
7. Entrants can visit the website directly or click on a link within a promotional email sent to them by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
10. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. The draw will take place on Roadshow Films Pty Ltd, Level 4, 235 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009 at 10:00am AEST on 20/07/2017. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Within two (2) business days of the draw, the winners will be notified in writing with instructions on how to claim their prize.
15. Winners names will be published online at https://roadshow.com.au/winners from 20/07/2017. Winners have until 10:30am AEST on 24/7/2018 to claim their prize.
16. The first twenty (20) valid entries randomly selected, from all valid entries received, will each win the prize of a double pass to a preview screening of The Big Sick valued at $50. Each double pass entitles the winner to two (2) tickets for one session only of “The Big Sick” (M) between 28/07/2017 and 30/07/2017. Each double pass is redeemable at any cinema screening The Big Sick, subject to the exceptions listed in this clause. Valid even with “No Free Tickets” restriction. Not valid with any other offer. Not valid at Village Cinemas Gold Class, Vpremium, VMAX, or Vjunior, Reading Gold Lounge, Premium, or Titan XC, EVENT Cinemas special events, Gold Class, or VMAX, Greater Union and Birch Carroll & Coyle special events, Gold Class, or VMAX, GU Film House special events, or VMAX, HOYTS Xtremescreen, HOYTS IMAX®, HOYTS LUX, or Bean Bag Cinema, AMC Cinelounge, Dendy Premium. Not for re-sale. Each double pass must be taken as offered and is not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. Seating is subject to availability. Not valid for 3D.
17. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the double passes are not included. Any unused balance of the double passes will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the double passes is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the double passes.
18. The double passes are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organizers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner (and/or any companion) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize. The winner (and any companion) will be responsible for their own transport to and from the event venue and any costs associated.
19. If a winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
20. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take or claim a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
21. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
22. The total prize pool value is $1,000.
23. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
24. A draw for any prize, if unclaimed, may take place at 10:30am AEST on 24/07/2017 at the same place as the original draw, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. Winner’s names will be announced online at www.roadshow.com.au/winners from 24/07/2017. Winners drawn in the unclaimed prize draw will have until 4:00pm AEST on 26/07/2017 to claim their prize.
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
26. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to the instructions of any regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
27. Any cost associated with accessing the promotion website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
29. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the The Big Sick movie is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of a prize.
32. The Promoter is Roadshow Films Pty Ltd (ABN: 28 100 746 870) of 1 Garden Street, South Yarra VIC 3141. Telephone: 02 9552 8614.