Forum

Feedback / Suggestions

Really disappointed. I bought 3 bottles of prosecco and was pleased to read the tag on the bottle advising of a chance to win a gourmet trip. Not so pleased to find I needed to keep my receipt to enable me to enter (I don not think I even received it. As well, I also see I need the last 5 digits of the barcode.

You do not see the terms and conditions until after you open the tag - who keeps this type of information let alone the bottle for the barcode - you drink the prosecco and the bottle goes in the bin.

gpbristow
30 Apr 17 5:36 PM

The only advice as "comping" protocol demand all receipts upon payment and store in a safe location, until second chance draws are completed. :)

Always could do a quick google for the competition while shopping, if that was conditional on purchase. Even better check out what purchase competitions are about before shopping and plan ahead. You may come across T&C's that need X amount of the product on the same receipt. With that information could ask nicely to split up receipts. Eg Ask the checkout if they could please do all my 20 items on each separate receipt. ;-)

Enjoy the 3 bottles of Prosecco. It will soften your disappointment :)

Lemond
30 Apr 17 7:56 PM

Usually for the barcodes just write them down or take a photo of it and store digitally if really need to keep a record. That way you can also keep a tally of how much you have consumed this week. ;-)

Lemond
30 Apr 17 7:58 PM

Good point about purchase competitions. Someone remind me in about a month's time to add functionality for purchase competitions to connect photographed receipts or details to a competition entered for my database.

Lemond
30 Apr 17 8:07 PM

Must admit I'm a receipt hoarder ,probably have receipts I don't even need lol

bj74
30 Apr 17 9:12 PM

@bj74 lol. Generally I'm pretty bad at keeping receipts. Thou I've allocated a draw to stuff them in. OK I've also got the Eftpos comp pics still sitting on the PC and probably littering my Facebook account. They could be cleaned up any volunteers?

I'm liking the idea just take a photograph and file away on the PC. Then could associate it with the competition entered. Also acts as a backup in case the physical receipts fade get damaged etc etc.

Could do some basic organisation with folders and meaningfully name the receipts. Issue might be if the same receipt is used for a number of comps. Either copy the receipt and rename for each comp. Endless ways to hoard/organise them. lol

I doubt competitions these days would ask to physically send in the actual receipt. A photo should be ok. X fingers. Guess read the fine print just in case.

I don't do many purchase competitions so not a priority. Wonder what organisation tips for keeping receipts for purchase competitions member's have.

Lemond
30 Apr 17 9:57 PM

True@Lemond , I've never actually had to send in actual receipts, just photos

bj74
01 May 17 6:58 AM

@bj74 Me too. Hubby just cleaned out my receipts stash going back 8 years.

gaseja
01 May 17 10:35 AM

@gpbristow, I get a little sad on missing out on a good comp too!. it's pretty standard on purchase comps to keep receipts, barcode/ whole product especially with the big ones and keep the receipt for three months after in case of a second chance draw. For me, rule 'numero uno' is always to read the t&cs first to find out what they want you to keep. Sometimes entry needs a photo upload of the receipt but if you are lucky enough to win the major prize generally they will want the original as well because of the value of the prize. It all helps making sure it's a genuine entry and keeps cheats at bay. At the end of last year three major companies required winners to mail in ALL receipts entered in their comp. Some wanted original barcodes as well! A couple of years ago, I even had to get a signed statement from a JP for a second prize. Agree with @Lemond and @bj74, I've never had to mail them in but I've never won a major, major holiday yet either! Why take the risk, I'd hate to miss out because I didn't keep the original receipt as per the t&cs. Here's hoping for everyone lol! :) There's a couple of articles on entering purchase comps in the blog from memory. Enjoy and good luck with comping :)

fourleaf
01 May 17 11:06 AM

Lol, I keep mine for 2 years @gaseja

bj74
01 May 17 11:12 AM

@fourleaf Wise words to file away the physical receipts. I still think at least a photo of the receipt should be enough proof of purchase. If mailing them in they could get lost or damaged. At worse a photo acts as a backup.

For bar codes I kept a big bin of empty dairy milk bottles for their competition for ages. Was to lazy to take the bar codes off.

Lemond
01 May 17 7:38 PM