Forum

Leaderboard

Weird just caught a short period where the site appeared down. On top of that it appears it's only showing only 2 competitions for me posted today. From the looks of things that's wasn't the case for some members.

Lemond
18 May 17 5:15 AM

Hmm one more just appeared. Guess the rest might show up bit later.

Lemond
18 May 17 5:18 AM

Argh if only had noticed the time stamps where out again Might of given the hint there might be issues for May 19th until 10 am.

Lemond
18 May 17 2:18 PM

Yes same here, have not received my daily points once again, so that's twice now. The last lot have not been added yet either!!!!!
Does this mean we need to check the time stamp each time we login, to try an ensure we get the points.

wolverine
18 May 17 10:23 PM

@wolverine Well that confirms you must of registered your guess as well before 10am today.

You might also notice the random daily points displayed were the same as yesterday and haven't actually been generated or added to the total. You'll have to make sure you revisit the home page after 10am AEST unless they have "fixed" the time issue before then.

Hmm you could try doing a test post each day and check first. Argh

Lemond
18 May 17 10:51 PM

@admin
The site time settings are out of sync again. Also the cascading issues resulting from that are back. I.e. The guessing game bonus not adding to the total, daily random points not generating until after 10am, expired competitions still being displayed as active etc. etc etc.

It appears whenever there are any time issues on the site the guessing game registration is working independently to everything else. i.e. working off AEST like it should. The guessing game bonus addition and probably everything else is most likely working off the server's Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) time.

Today's time issues might of started from yesterday May 18th around 2pm AEST when the site appeared down for a while.

Lemond
18 May 17 10:59 PM

@wolverine I've noticed that there might be a member who has two days not registered for the guessing game earlier this month. Their high daily random score hints that might be the case, thou possible they just forgot to do a guessing game. I don't think they have posted yet.

Really the @admin should be able to regenerate the calculation of the guessing game bonus instead of relying on members to know if bonus points weren't added.

Lemond
18 May 17 11:31 PM

I always log in early morning and I'm now missing 2 days of guessing game points, didn't even think about the bonus points being out too......well looks like this month is a write off

purplesp8y
19 May 17 12:44 AM

Also missing points, sure it will get sorted soon :)

Smalot11
19 May 17 12:13 PM

sigh.....if only my lead was really as big as it's currently showing, but I expect a few of you will peg it back once the points issue is sorted...damn!

spyglass
19 May 17 5:43 PM

@spyglass well I just know from my current total daily points if got a realistic chance. The average is 5.5 points per day ie. for 31 days an average score is 171.

For top 3 looking around 192ish-206+. So 206/31*19 = 126 if around 120+ at this stage in with a realistic chance. :)

Easiest way to look at it how many points you're currently above average. 19*5.5 days is 105 and require on average about +25 before getting too excited. Allowing for a couple of birthdays looking at requiring 171+25 = 196+ plus. If it's your birthday month almost a formality.

Let me see your on 127 +22 above average currently, so good chance of top 3. Still need slightly above average till end of the month.
The downside you're overdue for bad week after about 6 weeks punching consistently above average scores. lmao

Maybe with all the current mess the top score might end up a touch lower this month. i.e. members not realizing didn't get a bonus due.
Depending how many birthdays about be good news for them. i.e. might still sneak in top 3 with close to average to touch below.

Argh I'm out of luck need around 90 points from 120 available. It's probably not going happen this month.

Lemond
19 May 17 9:38 PM

test post see what the time comes up

Lemond
20 May 17 12:00 AM

The "good news" for May 20th all seems fine.

Lemond
20 May 17 12:03 AM