Forum

General Chatter

Hi,

Just wondering which icon is the one to use for arranging a subscription to the newsletter. Is it via the Chat facility? In the My Account section there is what seems to be a link to newsletter subscriptions but this gave me a sad to see you go message.

Regards

Donek
01 Jun 17 10:57 PM

@admin
Doh! Yeh can confirm that message. So that's at mean I've just unsubscribed the newsletters?

Lemond
01 Jun 17 11:21 PM

@Donek Did you get a resolution to your query, how to check if subscribed to the newsletter?

Lemond
07 Jun 17 6:46 AM

@Lemond I used the chat facility to check with admin who advised that an email would be out shortly. So if you don't receive something before the end of the month you might like to check likewise.

Donek
09 Jun 17 1:05 PM

@Lemond Today's newsletter is headed "Win a house cleaner for a year". I had misunderstood the format and did not think messages like these were newsletters.

Donek
09 Jun 17 3:17 PM

@Donek Thanks I don't think I noticed it. If it's still avail will check it out. Was that an email or from the site? Was preoccupied doing a fresh OS install to fix up some PC issues.

Argh the site was down at least all Saturday evening. Lucky I do my daily login usually around midnight. Thou hadn't got around to ticking off Saturday's comps.

Lemond
11 Jun 17 12:36 AM

@Lemond Ok will check out that comp win a house cleaner for a year! Yeh it is confusing if that's a "news letter"

Lemond
11 Jun 17 12:46 AM

Hi guys. How can we make it clearer that it's the newsletter. :) Just looking for some feedback.

admin
14 Jun 17 6:11 PM

They seek it here, they seek it there
Those compers seek it everywhere
Is it on the site or in the email shredder?
That damned elusive newsletter!

No luck finding it! A direct link be great or just a big red button. I know I'll just want to push it to see if it blows up the site! lmao

Lemond
15 Jun 17 1:32 PM

If these were called up in the subject title of the email as numbered updates or numbered newsletters together with other changes as needed (such as clear links/icons to subscribe/unsubscribe) it would be quite helpful.
Another option, which unfortunately would require more work, would be to rewrite/reformat these so that they indisputably were newsletters.

Donek
15 Jun 17 8:58 PM

@Donek Ok so it's an email I'm looking for? I don't think I've had any emails for a few weeks, since the last compbux survey I received which wouldn't let me complete.

Oh I think I see emails also from competitions.com.au in my email shredder. I don't usually use Gmail I forgot about their spam folder. Gee for an account I don't use often its got plenty of spam.

Lemond
15 Jun 17 10:24 PM

@Donek So after finding these "newsletters" what was all the fuss about?

Lemond
15 Jun 17 10:36 PM

@admin
We don't need another email,
We don't need another way to your home.
All we want is relief for irritable email syndrome!

Regarding Newsletter Points - Random newsletters during the month will have a leaderboard link to earn you X number of points

Well I guess it's no surprise few actually read the emails even if they managed to find them. Be better off sending the information via the new messaging facility or making it available via the site.

Let me get this straight. You want to encourage members to go their emails, find it and then link back to the site. All I saying I know where I can find this site 99.9% of the time. :)

Lemond
16 Jun 17 7:12 AM

@Lemond I am treating the emails from competitions.com.au as newsletters.

Donek
17 Jun 17 10:46 PM

@Donek Thanks finally found emails that look like your posted image which are "news letters"

It might help if they actually put that in the subject "News Letter"

I was wondering where the red highlighted "FEATURED COMPETITIONS" originated from. For the site's competition page it's highlighted in black.

It appears news letters are aiming to highlight featured comps which are already displayed on the site which was confusing.

Still.. my feedback why the hell encouraging members to check for a random email which maybe buried in the haystack of emails/spam.

I hope this random x points from news letters is referring to just required to click on the competition postings as usual. It's not well explained in the new leader board rules.

If it's generated by clicking on links in the email its most likely going to be a world of pain and another potential source of issues. Is there or will there be a new section in the your points for the month to show this?

The ultimate aim is to visit the site and if the information is "important" enough it should be to able to complete the "task" via the site.

They could utilise the new messaging feature for newsletters if can't easily display them on the site. Or provide a new menu option for newsletters. At least more likely to find this "news letter".
Give me Big Red Button please. lmao

Lemond
18 Jun 17 10:09 AM