Forum

General Chatter

I did the Today show selfie and 25 words less to win a TV.
But when I clicked submit the page just kept loading for 5 minutes and so I kept clicking submit and then it went to the Today show homepage.
I'm worried my entry didn't go through or my picture didn't upload. J don't want to re-enter as it says one entry per person. But is pressing the submit button again will that corrupt the entry

Compbee
20 Jun 17 11:35 AM

Sometimes in the T&C's they have a contact email. You can just send a quick email and that should confirm if that have received your entry.

Good luck :)

Smalot11
20 Jun 17 2:34 PM
C

No e-mail os available.
I called but they had no idea.
Oh well

Compbee
20 Jun 17 3:14 PM

Hmm sometimes changing browsers might work. It's possible had an issue with the browser when attempting to submit. One of reasons I've installed a few different browsers as it lot easier in a crunch to just switch and try again.

What's the comp link? I might check it out later if can find the email address sending to and the subject title.

To find the email address etc you might be able to find it by checking out the underlying HTML for the submit button. At least if you're calling up and enquiring it might help track it down.

To check what the submit button is doing would require using the browser developer tools and/or using the shortcut right click on the button and select INSPECT (at least in Chrome). Also view source HMTL option may help, thou the inspect option and tools available help search through the HTML DOM (Document Object Model) a lot easier. It may be "touch" over whelming for the uninitiated thou it's not rocket science. lol.

If using a direct email approach to act the same as the form submit, it might also wise to know how the form is formatting the email, so there wouldn't be a difference to other entries. Most likely thou might need to consider what additional info the program your using for emails eg Outlook, adds to the email. That might picked up with detailed inspection of emails/form submissions. I..e. Most likely it's acting like a email client and header info attached identifies the method it was sent.

I'm a bit rusty on form submits, it's something will be looking in more detail very soon my comping management project. Not looking to implement automatic entry for competitions , thou possible using browser automation. Looking into automatically logging into various social media eg FB/Twitter etc and obtain my notifications and compare against comps entered and draw/closing dates.

Good luck x fingers you haven't accidentally submitted a dozen entries for every push of the button.

Lemond
21 Jun 17 3:04 PM

Think found the comp
https://www.9now.com.au/today/2017/extras/competitions/competitions-folder/samsung-qled-form

At the bottom it mentions the following:

File upload (Max size 5mb)
(File uploads have been disabled for this form.)
IF YOU CANNOT UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE PLEASE SEND YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS, ANSWER TO THE COMPETITION QUESTION, AND PHOTO TO COMPETITIONS@NINE.COM.AU

So either you didn't see that message or it has been recently added to the form due to technical issues. It's highly possible your entry wasn't submitted. Try doing a direct email as instructed.

It doesn't mention what subject to put in email. From the HTML of the form it should be:

"Samsung and Harvey Norman Giveaway"

For the email content to make it easy for them follow the same format as the form at the competition link.
eg
First Name: Malcom
Last Name: Trumble
Phone: 000
Email: donations@email.com
Address: 287-289 New South Head Rd
City: Edgecliff
State: NSW
Postcode: 2027

In 25 words or us why you would like to win a brand new Samsung QLED TV?

Good Luck :)

Lemond
21 Jun 17 3:39 PM

Hmm a TV would be great. A screen shot of trying to watch TV in HD format on my PC/Media centre in all it's pixelated glory might help. At times like a Picasso artwork if doesn't manage to freeze up TV viewer first. :(

Gee: The best thirty-five (35) entries, as determined by the judges, will each win a Samsung Q7 55" QLED TV valued at $3999.

It might be worth entering. :)

Lemond
21 Jun 17 3:41 PM

It's changed again and now displaying the option to load the file, which didn't display for me few hours ago. It's possible due just doing a fresh instalation of Chrome which usually use.

It's lucky as got your answer what email to send to. :)

What's it now displaying for me:
File uploads may not work on some mobile devices.
Also the file upload option has appeared.

It's probably best to use the form or email as a last resort.

If emailing don't forget to include a subject, otherwise it might be lost amongst other competitions they might be running.

Lemond
21 Jun 17 7:40 PM
C

I decided to re submit and I got thank you the form was submitted successfully
Last time I got directed to the home page

Compbee
21 Jun 17 9:53 PM

@Compbee Great and thanks I've got around to submitting an entry. Good Luck :)

Lemond
23 Jun 17 1:28 PM

Good luck. Let us know when you win :)

Smalot11
23 Jun 17 6:40 PM