Forum

General Chatter

Wow, new site, I love new things, lucky I got my letter out of the trash/deleted folder for my 30 points, sneaky but good, much luck to all out there :) :) :)

JoLee
27 Jun 17 7:23 PM

Ha, same, bak at u!!

Trevsta
27 Jun 17 8:01 PM

Yeah I sorted out the "news letter" a few eeks ago when finally realised what the "news letter" was.

Is it my pc of everything now a bit harder to read. A lot less competitions are displayed on a page without having to scroll.

Lemond
27 Jun 17 8:02 PM

The top quater to a third of the page is now "dead space". I can only see about two of the featured competitions which made it confusing when doing the filtering as couldn't see if had actually done anything.
Also where's is the total number of competitions returned for a filter etc? I found that piece of information highly relevant.

I give it a 2 out of 10 for the home renovation and there's plenty of room for improvement.
Got that new big wall at the top of the page can knock down.

Lemond
27 Jun 17 8:05 PM

@Lemond doesn't tell you your daily points either

Anna2077
27 Jun 17 10:04 PM

@Anna2077 If referring to the daily points for a day it's displayed on the main page on the left as shown in my snapshot. The points composition is at the leaderboard link.
There definately must of changed the fonts. It's horrible to read at the usualy viewing zoom I use. If enlarge it only further reduces the number of comps can view without scrolling. Tried another browser that didn't have adware disabled and that reduce the number can view without scrolling to 0. Usually I do "most" computing from the couch of reasonable comfort a couple of meters away without previous viewing hassles. I haven't viewed what it looks like from the iPad yet.

I suspect there will be more shuffling the deck chairs to improve the layout, fonts etc etc. Looks like someone knocked off early today and didn't finish the job.

Lemond
27 Jun 17 11:04 PM

@Lemond doesn't always come up .. second day in a row my daily point is enormous 1

if they are using CSS they can change the font in seconds .. don't mind the font. not sure about the layout but will get used to it

Anna2077
28 Jun 17 12:30 AM

@Anna2077 Yeh of course they CSS.
It's the sharpness/chrispness of the font and/or weighting, especially for the forum. Oh yeah it's hard on the eyes the more I longer I look at it.

Other items either font change, weighting or background like for the headings Add Competition, Blog etc letters seem to bleed togehter. I could see if got an old save page around to compare.
It could also be using a non web safe fonts which then defaults to a basic variation depending on the OS. So each OS may dsiplay slightly different. You an also have fallback font in those cases. So members viewed fonts may be differentl accordingly.

The biggest thing about the home page is at the usual 100% I can't see much useful information and zooming in beyond 67% it becomes unreadable and still cant see todays/filtered results.

They could rearrange to at least cut down the top 1/3 by half ,that way at least adding a couple more comps into the initial viewing area. See Ozbargin top of page. It's proabably about half in size. Thou ozbargin could condense each comps listed in comparision. by shrinking the images. Thou at least I can see the effect of filter without having to SCROLL DOWN.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Or by having to reduce the page to 33% to see the effects then need a magnifying glass)

For starters could remove that huge strip for Add a Competition Blog Forum Surveys LeaderboardGuessing Game and the logo to the top and increase the top strip size to fit the logo. Also move the filter for Newest etc to the filter bar. Just doing those changes would cut down the space for the top 1/3 of the page by half.
Then as the featured comps don't change much hmm stick them on a right panel and on the left the new comps maybe. At least can see easily what the effects of the filters are.

Lemond
28 Jun 17 12:43 PM

@Anna2077 I'm feeling your pain on the daily points the last two days (1,3) Argh probably those going to cost me. :(
X fingers tomorrow hopefully get over that 180 that was wishing for at the start of the month lmao

Lemond
28 Jun 17 12:45 PM

@admin will also add clicking on feature competitions takes you off the site page, instead of opening a new tab. Thats annoying and probably not desirable. I can't recall if that occured previously.

Lemond
28 Jun 17 1:53 PM

The only thing I like is the new filter/search bar. Pity can't see the results easily.

Lemond
28 Jun 17 2:03 PM

@JoLee Did you read the newsletter? I find it's pointless exercie to encourage members to find a needle in a haystack.
All it's doing is linking back to site and we all know where to find it. :).

Argh thought initially you had to click on one of featured comp links from one of the previous emails this month for that bonus.

Lemond
28 Jun 17 2:15 PM

Yeh I did, think it's more about reading or viewing the advertisements in the newsletter, and it shows us comps we already see anyway each day, I also noticed if I wasn't actually logged into this site before trying to claim my 30 pts, it would not credit them to me, took me a while to work it out but that was the outcome,anyway , chipping away , climbing Mt Comp still lol

JoLee
28 Jun 17 3:48 PM

@Lemond @JoLee well open an email click on button.. 30 extra points .. that will stop you deleting things like I usually do ...

Some days I don't feel like reading emails so next day when few too many to get through , some just get binned ... lol

Anna2077
28 Jun 17 7:14 PM

@JoLee Thanks for that, figured the bonus points for the email link might cause issues. It was bound to another potiential minefiled of issues. I didn't notice that as gmail which the site is linked and for logging in I use the same browser which automatically logs on.. If automatic log didn't occur ie. if reinstaloled the browser I might of come across that.

If you accidently delete the email bye bye the bonus. If you're lucky might be able to trash dive if haven't put it out for collection.

The advertisements as in featured comps? Hmm from the quick look I didn't notice anything that wasn't on the site and didn't pay much attention if there were any advertisements etc. I was wondering if anyone actually read the email beyond the bonus point link. lmao.

Lemond
28 Jun 17 9:27 PM

@Lemond not a fan of the ad on the left .. it's annoying.

Anna2077
28 Jun 17 11:26 PM

@Anna2077 OMG I just viewed it on iPad
@admin oh please revert back to how it was. I can live with the nice new filter the new layout hmmm a disaster.

Lemond
29 Jun 17 3:10 AM

@Anna2077 the forum is ok on the iPad the main page I'm lost for words. I'm reviewing my score to -10 out of ten. Just sack the workexperince kid who you let loose on the site and revert back to how t was ASAP!

Basically see no comps without scrolling. Page full of google adds. Looking forward ASAP to the next batch of updates.

Lemond
29 Jun 17 3:11 AM

Layout not working with my tablet ... either lose the point summary on the side or, when I tilt to A4, the ads at the top get confused where they are supposed to be

Could admin put back the competition counter? I referred to that to workout how much time I needed to do yhe competitions in the morning

Di_D
29 Jun 17 7:30 AM

@Di_D Good point +1 for the counter back. Total agree for a tablet or ipad the layout needs urgent attention.

Lemond
29 Jun 17 11:46 AM

@Lemond as always I will not make it to top 10, not once in 2 years...

Would love to turn the ads off... I know they bring in revenue but they are annoying me.

Anna2077
29 Jun 17 3:12 PM

@Anna2077 Well I took my time to crawl to the top. X fingers for tomorrow I need touch. Might be a group of us sharing the top prize with any luck :)

For this month you need a bunch to end up on the same scores. Realistically looking like need close to 165 for the top 10. If an average score manages to end up top 10 each month you could end up top 10 every 2nd month on average. More likely need 1/2 dozen points above average so 40% chance this month scores might be a touch lower with lots of comps ending on the same day and the new email bonus.

Lemond
29 Jun 17 10:58 PM

My daily score was often 1 this month @Lemond .. no chance of making it to top 10.

No hope of top 3 ever since I never made it in 2 years.

Daily scores are the decider.

Anna2077
30 Jun 17 10:55 AM

@Anna2077 The luck will turn. At the end of last month to the first part of week 1 was in daily score rutt went for about 9 days. Lucky that rutt it ended just in time . :)

At lot of months prayed to end on crap daily scores in hope at least x fingers start the new month on a high. Good luck roll on July.

Lemond
30 Jun 17 2:10 PM

@Lemond almost 2 years! not likely...

just realised that this page uses frames ...

Anna2077
30 Jun 17 4:44 PM

What r frames? :)

JoLee
30 Jun 17 6:01 PM

@JoLee on web sites when margins of what ever width are locked into place and only the middle moves ...

Anna2077
30 Jun 17 6:03 PM

Oh ok thanks, its hard when on an I pad, good luck nxt month :)

JoLee
30 Jun 17 7:44 PM

@JoLee thank you, you too :-)

Anna2077
30 Jun 17 8:58 PM