Forum

Tips & Tricks

How do you check back whether you have win anything? especially on facebook if they just announce your name and expect you to contact them yourself? and I actually don't have any comping friend on facebook :(

indriasun
30 Sep 17 12:57 PM

Join Competition Winners Australia on fb. Then you can use the "Search this Group" for your name.

gaseja
30 Sep 17 2:58 PM

Argh my pet hate and a close 2nd sorting through my emails searching if won.

The first option is to keep an eye on FB notifications from competitions entered. Probably best to always to add a comment to a comp post even if not required. I think that might give a notification. It also helps me for the email notifications sent i.e. can separate my email folders according to search terms. Eg "commented on" etc. Lately I'm finding notifications disappearing before I get to follow them up. From there you can go through you own timeline for what posts your commented on etc for checking back.

I find the most reliable way is to send them to your emails then can more easily search for the regular winning terms. It's not foolproof thou might help. Also searching for your name and using the winning terms eg "winner", "congrat" , "win" etc etc on Facebook.

I also bookmark FB competitiion posts with the end date at the start of the label so can sort into order. EG Sept 30, 2017 : 'Comp XYZ'. That way can manually check back and either delete the bookmarks or update the label. most times if get around to it append XXX to the start of the label to identify checked drawn result. Ideally I looking to scrap using bookmarks it has it limitations apart from a mass of bookmark folders to create each month. i.e. you may have other social media you checking back on.

Entering comps is the easy part like you're hinting at, managing to checking back and catching that winning post when finally happens can be a challenge. Joining the Facebook winners group can help to a degree, it depends if someone else in the group has also entered and then posts a winners announcement Generally I don't enter a lot of the ones that happen to be posted and probably pass over 95% of the comps that ones that circulate about. Still manage to enter many 100's per month that interest me. So it depends on where you are sourcing your comp from for the likelyhood a winners post announcement is done in the group. If sourcing them from the Aussie competition sites, like this one a good chance will be posted. The downside every man and his dog has probably also entered.

Comping friends help. If I spot if they have will tag and message them. If you're lucky will find some nice ones to help you. You'll find lots of "voluenteers" for adding to as comping contacts, generally looking for someone to add to their mass tagging for extra entries.
It has it's pros and cons having many comping contacts.

Pros.
To meet basic FB comp requirements eg Tag X number of friends.
Lots of comping contact to mass tag the crap of a tagging comp for bonus entries. Note need to be carefully doing too many in a period or may find FB temporary suspends you from commenting, tagging. Also some comping contacts may become a bit
Share referrals based competitions for bonus entries.

Cons.
Can end up being overwhelmed with FB notifications especially during the busy XMAS comping season.
If manage to find low entry comps it's a domino effect once nice comps come to the attention of the large groups
That can also be a pro for finding competitions thou you don't necessarily have to be a contact to know what's circulating about.

Things to least be wary of at ;east and if lucky will find some comping contacts to help you. If relative new to comping having some comping contacts can open up a mass of competitions that don't get around to being listed on sites. Thou you don't necessarily need to join as a friend contact see what's circulating about.

Hope something there helps.

Good Luck.

Lemond
30 Sep 17 4:20 PM
I

@gaseja Thank you, I'll join straightaway :)

indriasun
30 Sep 17 4:21 PM
I

@Lemond Thank you for your tips. You're very very helpful.

indriasun
30 Sep 17 4:36 PM

@indriasun Doh Richmond won by tooooooo much. Was right on the money for one comp at half time. :(

I think all I read was tips, god I've definately got footy tipping on the brain atm. lmao.

The one thing searching for your name won't find is when the promoter posts an image or video for winner announcements. If someone has shared it to the group usually they will put in the subject "Congratulations XYZ". If members keep to that standard I find easy to spot in the subject headings for my FB email notifications.

Lemond
30 Sep 17 6:14 PM
B

Hey, I've tried to join this Competition Winners Australia, but it's been pending for a few days now. Apparently people already in the group are able to send joining requests out to others, is that true? I really wanna join, haha!

BigVikingMitch
03 Oct 17 9:35 AM