Forum

General Chatter

A warning re PuraChoice washing machine competition on Facebook ...

The competition is layered ie there is more than one step, three in fact, and they don't tell you that in the opening step.

1. Like, comment, share the Facebook page
2. You get a private message to say now you have to enter your name and email
3. Then you get another message and email to say now you have to buy a product and upload a photo

If you are happy doing that, all is good.

But I have a dislike for being asked to jump through extra hoops that were not made clear at the beginning enabling them to harvest contact information when you may be disinclined to complete all the tasks.

Di_D
10 Oct 17 10:45 PM

@Di_D thanks for the heads up, that's a bit cheeky.

fourleaf
11 Oct 17 12:43 PM

Yep, found the same, question them either on their f/b page or in a message and they lock you out. They are not worth the time or worry.

Try2win
15 Oct 17 9:29 PM

@Brookemaree93 @spyglass @moreofachance Have you attempted to transfer last months Compbux to Paypal and the transfer completed?

Lemond
16 Oct 17 5:26 PM

@Lemond done mine the day after winning, not holding my breath! :(

moreofachance
18 Oct 17 11:09 AM

@Lemond still waiting :)

Brookemaree93
18 Oct 17 2:11 PM

@Di_D Opps did I accidently hijack @Di_D post. Argh atm the first time in a week can actually see what I'm typing on the PC. Hmm was sure I did my post re compbux in a new post.

Agree don't like when they spring surprises like that. Same goes for when they bury T&C's.

Lemond
18 Oct 17 3:41 PM

@moreofachance @Brookemaree93 Thanks. I've just done a message to Alex. Will do a reminder email. It was surposed to fixed up by mid last week.

Lemond
18 Oct 17 3:44 PM

@Lemond no I haven't attempted a transfer yet

spyglass
22 Oct 17 1:49 PM

@spyglass congrats on the guessing game. Finally received the compbux transfer :)

Lemond
22 Oct 17 2:10 PM

@Lemond thanks, I just noticed that earlier today. It looks like it was announced late as I received the email today as well. Now to win something in an external comp as I haven't won anything since movie tickets in Mar 2016!! I don't enter a lot of comps, maybe 40-60 a month but I would have thought that something will come my way soon.

spyglass
22 Oct 17 6:56 PM

@spyglass Looks like the site had major maintenance this morning. Hang on you won last month leaderboard there's a win and probably won a leaderboard around last year in May. Cash is king beats most prizes :) if you have enough computer under the mattress should ok to cash out the $50. I'm still trying to reach that level for a 3rd place $25 won a few months back.

Lemond
22 Oct 17 11:00 PM

@Lemond yes, I was meaning that his site is the only place where I seem to win anything. I've had a good run in the last 12 months, so I'll take that as a win.....but there is nothing wrong with being greedy so a win from another site is long overdue!

spyglass
24 Oct 17 12:10 PM

@spyglass I know that feeling this year though won a few small prizes this month a $20 Bunnings, $100 Coles and a bottle of cognac which will pick up this weekend.

Sort of ironically that the comps that win are from the comp site and. It from entering the comps.

Damn typo last post mean be compbux under the bed thou do keep my old pc parts under there as well. It's a time for a spring clean.

Lemond
26 Oct 17 11:58 PM