Forum

I've Won

Woot won my first creative competition for a pair of nice $340 headphones.

Reading and understand the terms and conditions DOES make a difference as was judged the most "creative" by default. Everyone else answered incorretctly for one part of the question and were either distracted by the prize, copied from the first response thinking it was correct or didn't read the T&C's clearly. I'll chalk down the win to the ability to read the T&C's.

Thou if I had read them a touch more thoroughly would of realised it's pick up interstate. It was an Australian wide competition and just didn't notice way down the bottom of the T&C's regarding pick up instore and no stores in my state. Currently waiting back on if they will post or need to organise pickup.

There's lesson there somewhere always read all of the T&C's. :)

Lemond
19 Jan 18 10:16 PM

Congrats! :)

fourleaf
20 Jan 18 11:05 AM

Congrats

Try2win
20 Jan 18 2:33 PM

@lemond Congrats, what a very nice prize! Sure they will mail it too you :)

Smalot11
20 Jan 18 2:34 PM

@fourleaf @Smalot11 @Try2win Thanks. :)

Agree it's an awesome prize will go well with my iPad Pro won and been meaning to get headphones for it. I've got a lot of other priorities. X fingers winning a washing machine or cash.

Hopefully they will post or at worse need to organise delivery. They still haven't read my message and will probably sort itself out Monday.

Was commical for my first creative win. Might as well do it in style with a "Steven Bradury" moment. Any members got any funny competition stories to add? :)

My answer was inspired by the lyrics to Stay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h--P8HzYZ74 to fit the competition questions and creativity. Towards the question being what do you think they're listening to in the silent TV commercial. Reading between the lines, my response reads like "If you've read the T&C's and checked what they sell online you would know the answer." They also they dropped a hint "How observant are you? Usually I'm thourough reading all of the T&C's, the irony. hahaha

There were 3 prizes for Beats headphones the other winners were decided soley on creativity from everyone who all stated the incorrect answer to what headphones they were wearing. I can't belive everyone else just went with what the prize was even thou didn't look like what was in video. Thou I put a "touch" of effort in. They mentioned it was too long to repost the winner's response. I couldn't help myself and added a dozen reasons why as well. Was wise that changed the lyric to a dozen reasons from a thousand. lmao

Also if anyone has been in that predictament, where are required to pickup and it's physically impossible, what solutions they have used or what to avoid?

Lemond
20 Jan 18 3:06 PM

Bit before Christmas won a prize, turned out pick-up only, luckily my sister lived just 5 minutes up the road and they let her pick it up for me. Hope they either post or let someone pick it up for you.

Try2win
22 Jan 18 9:27 AM

awesome win mate!

surferboy83
22 Jan 18 12:35 PM

Thanks @surferboy83 I'm still laughing at the whole scenario. In future I'll read all the T&C's. lmao

@Try2win @Smalot11
Woot they will post. They finally got back this morning. "We wouldn't ordinarily post this out, but in this instance we will." :)

I thought it would work itself out at least I don't need to worry about plan B for pick up.

Now decisions gold or black Apple Beats Solo 3 headphones. Comedy gold might be fitting.

Reminds me I haven't seen the illustrious @Goldmember in ages. Happy Birthday @Goldmember for this month. :)

Lemond
23 Jan 18 11:51 AM

@Lemond congrats mate, nice stuff!!!

Trevsta
31 Jan 18 10:37 PM