Forum

General Chatter

Hi all,

I have started my 4th 1000 comp challenge. Entering 20 comps a day for 50 days. If you want to follow along I am posting the 20 comps I am entering at this page - https://www.facebook.com/WinAndGrin/

Wishing you all good luck for 2018

Smalot11
26 Jan 18 9:30 PM

May fortune smile on you

Lemond
27 Jan 18 11:27 PM

@Lemond You too Mark, sure 2018 will be a winning year for you. I can see that new washing machine already! :)

Smalot11
28 Jan 18 8:54 AM

@Smalot11 It must be sitting at your place if can already see it. haha :)

Yeah, it's off to a good start with winning two "skilled" based competitions. That's 2 more then I had, period! Well, a touch of luck with both. Not much luck on the random draws so far.

I haven't been keeping a close eye out for washing machines. Can't recall seeing many about guess can think of two. One random and one creative for a $1000 voucher which almost forgot, however for the cost of their machines you still need some decent cash.

So far this year just tech prizes the headphones and to be confirmed by this arvo a $200 keyboard. The keyboard is a weekly leaderboard comp. Just checking that now I'll preemptively call the win with only a few hours to go as have a clear lead. :)

Lemond
29 Jan 18 7:34 AM

Haha yes the washing machine I won last year is going very well :)
That's great news on the keyboard, let me know this afternoon when your announced as the winner.
I'm yet to win a creative entry this year but did get lucky in a random draw from coca cola and won a $250 Red Balloon voucher.

Smalot11
29 Jan 18 11:50 AM

@Smalot11 lol. Comping can be too funny at times. Had one funny moment on the weekend when passed on a comp to a nice contact and they won.

I won that leaderboard comp for a nice keyboard, thou haven't got the confirmation email yet. Just reading any fine print it might be a few days until they confirm the winners. Keeping an eye out for those elusive winning emails is always "fun". At least for site membership style competitions, I know when expecting a winning email.

Was for a global competition were pick at least 10 ESport winners each week for 1 of 3 tech prizes. You might recognize the details from a few months back, promoted via gleam comp when they also had additional small PayPal prizes. Been doing for a while, working out some sort of strategy. Knowing which teams not to pick against, understanding the points system or just blind luck always helps. Considering won with more loses then winning picks a combination of all three. :)

Known for a few days was an excellent chance of winning or top 3 at worse, waiting for any late charges up the leaderboard. In hindsight, probably could've held off one for an easy pick.

I've done quite well in the last year on the exclusive member leaderboard competitions. It must be my forte. lmao

Congrats on the Red Balloon I noticed that was purchase competition a couple of weeks and left an upvote. I've avoided Red Balloon as didn't realize what can use the vouchers for.

I had a quick peek at the page looks you've got things well organized to keep on top of things, makes for a nice FB notepad to help to check back etc. I've done similar in the past with a summary style using just a few posts for various categories and an overall list in the past. Then within the comments put each individual comp. It was a bit of work maintaining it and summaries were sorted according to the date closed. I might resume it one day when got things automated a touch.

When you've hundreds of comps there's a lot of scrolling, if using hashtags that might help quickly locate the comp looking for. I've used unique hashtags for that purpose. The scrolling now isn't such a big issue with the faster PC however, with the old PC that was a royal pain. A pinned post is great to say put a summary up. I don't think can pin multiple posts and annoying if got a few posts always want towards the top of a page. You can bump them up. I was constantly doing that every time did a batch of updates.

Hmm, could be some reservations which mentioned on why someone might not winning as often. Sometimes good intentions can be taken advantage of. It depends on whether the pros outway the cons. Generally, nothing to worry about too much, more to aware of and might consider for those ODD occasions. Eg the headphone comp and the one a contact won on the weekend had to consider those factors.

Good luck :)

Lemond
29 Jan 18 6:22 PM

@Smalot11 Nice just won a $100 Coles/Myer random comps finally off the mark. :)

Lemond
30 Jan 18 11:14 AM

@Lemond You're on a roll, 2018 is going to be good :)

Smalot11
30 Jan 18 1:30 PM

@Smalot11 Thanks. Update for the keyboard they cant send to Australia despite the contact themselves was an Aussie, instead they award roughly $140 via PayPal. That will be towards the washing machine fund.

I'll keep on plugging away with that comp as it's weekly and cash. 3x52 chances at a leaderboard comp. Woot!!!! Mind you about 500 participants. That should brigde those winning gaps between leaderboards. :)

Lemond
31 Jan 18 1:38 PM

@Smalot11 Another to add a $50 Coles/Myer voucher. Chipping away at the washing machine fund.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCRae5mRoRE

Lemond
31 Jan 18 2:30 PM

Definately rollin, rollin, rollin, keep those prizes rollin!!

Its awesome they exchanged the prize for $140. Keep the ball rollin in Feb :)

Smalot11
01 Feb 18 9:57 PM

@Smalot11 Oh yeah I'm steamrolling! Won a $20 wish card today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i6NawvrFGY

Totally agree, prefer the PayPal for more urgent needs, they paid 75% value of the keyboard. Thou in Australia it retails around $200-250.

Four cash & groceries wins in a week. I've never had such a roll. Should thank who posted regarding not winning as much that got me thinking. Plus having the new PC helps heaps.

Lemond
02 Feb 18 7:20 PM

@Lemond little fish are sweet as they say, nice work buddy, love reading about the booty, big and small, keeps da wheels turning, although the revolutions are getting bigger, regards :)

Trevsta
03 Feb 18 4:43 PM

@Trevsta Thanks :). Yeah chipping away. Still not bad for a week around $300 in cash/groceries. Think my run of the leaderboard has dried up and need to start looking elsewhere rattling the tin can.

Be nice to get one of the decent cash ones however they generally get heaps of attention. There were less than 10 entries, so I better odds at that then decent daily random points today. A bit of luck and made a fair bit of it by doing some legwork scrounging around. That's only half the challenge.

Would have won close to $1,000 in cash & Coles/Myer in the last 12 months, a good portion from my sponsors Competitions.com.au and Eftpos :)

Lemond
03 Feb 18 5:02 PM

Following ....very interesting....good luck!

KittyKat65
04 Feb 18 9:45 AM

@KittyKat65 Thank you :)

Smalot11
04 Feb 18 10:27 AM