Forum

General Chatter

One of the downsides of entering these competitions is the fact that it increases the amount of junk mail one receives. I now get about 200 such items of rubbish on a daily basis. It has necessitated me arming myself with another email account which so far is free of unsolicited bother. I go through the junk address quickly each day though - just to see if I might have won something - although of course I could easily miss something important. (Not that there is any likelihood that I will ever win anything of course. :-))

How do others cope? I would be interested in knowing what you all do? Has anyone missed notice of a win because of having to wade through all the junk?

Donald4564
04 May 18 10:15 AM

Yes, a small win but still a win. (signed cricket bat)
I also nearly missed a trip I had won and the guy ended up contacting my parents (as my number is silent) and rang me.
It turned out to be the best trip ever! So glad he persevered.
Now I try to be extra vigilant scrolling through my endless e-mails. Probably have missed out on others that I didn't know about.
Ignorance is bliss...LOL
I dislike how some comps only require your e-mail. I think I'd rather be rung up and congratulated over the phone :)

SunnyLife
06 May 18 9:34 AM

I have two email addresses: one personal; one only for comps. Every few days I do a search on Keywords like congrats; congratulations; winner to see if there is something I have won that I need to respond to.

gaseja
07 May 18 5:22 PM
T

That's a great idea!

Travlmad
10 May 18 3:59 PM

I usually do that though a lot of spam e-mails I have noticed start with "Congratulations" to hook you in believing that you have won something when you have not, just for you to send back your details...lol

SunnyLife
12 May 18 8:28 AM