Forum

General Chatter

I just recieved an sms message telling me i have won a Toyota Klugger or $50,000 cash and to click on the included link to claim. When I click on the link it takes me to a page that asks me to phone a 1900 number to collect. Problem i have is my Telco blocks all 1900 phone calls. What should i do about contacting the promotor unless it us a hoax.

user_1904445436336161
18 Jan 19 4:03 PM

most likely as spam message , google the number and company.

Mamma
19 Jan 19 4:55 PM

most likely as spam message , google the number and company.

Mamma
19 Jan 19 4:55 PM

Looks like it might be a money making scam, any other details on the page?, calling a 1900 number will charge you a fee (here is a extract from the net). A legit company would call or email you for such a large prize I'm sure! .....

" A 1900 or 1902 number has a 'tariff' attached and you will be charged the amount set for this service. These tariffs can be 'timed' (per minute), or they can be 'fixed' (per call). The format for these numbers will be 1900 XXX XXX or 19 XX XX.

We don't set the costs for calling these numbers, but rather the owner or provider of these numbers does and on-passes these costs.

Before you call a 1900 or 1902 number, make sure that you know how much it will cost you to call that number. This cost of the call must be stated wherever 1902 or 1900 is shown. If you notice a charge for a 1900 or 1902 number on your bill and you haven't made a call to this number, call us on 131 999 to help you. "

Best of luck to you :)

fourleaf
20 Jan 19 12:03 AM
U

Thanx everyone this is as i thought. I agree with you fourleaf i should have recieved a call or email for such a good prize. Shame on the scammers!

I

NEVER click any links given to you via your mobile phone, or even in emails, without checking into it first. A legitimate message should include all information about what it is that you won, and they should call and/or email you with full details about who they are and what you can do to contact them via phone and/or email to claim your prize. There are so many scams right now that it is easy to be hoodwinked. Please be careful. You may have opened yourself up to hacking and viruses.

indigo809
13 Nov 19 4:13 PM