Win $300,000 worth of Prizes Peoples Choice Community Lottery
2. These terms and conditions apply to the conduct of the Lottery. By holding a ticket in the Lottery and entering into a draw for a Lottery prize, each ticket holder (“you”) agrees to these terms and conditions.
3. The Lottery is conducted in South Australia, Victoria, the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, and Tasmania under the following licences/permits:
State Licence/Permit number South Australia M14102 Victoria 10459/21 Australian Capital Territory ACT R 21/00175 New South Wales GOCAU/2407 Tasmania No permit required Northern Territory Under permission granted by the Minister for Racing, Gaming and Licensing
4. The Lottery is conducted in accordance with the legislation applying to lotteries of this type in each State and Territory in which it is conducted.
5. By purchasing a ticket, you acknowledge that the tickets are being sold under the above Licences/Permits applicable to the above States and Territories.
6. All proceeds from ticket sales for the Lottery benefit participating charities, community groups, sporting clubs, schools, pre-schools and other participating organisations (each a “participating group”).
7. Each participating group that enters into an agreement with us for participation in the Lottery warrants and represents to us that all information provided to us is true and correct, it holds all necessary licences, consents, authorisations and permits for carrying out its activities, and it is not the subject of any investigations, claims, demands or disputes which may affect its participation in the Lottery. We accept no responsibility and disclaim all liability for any inaccurate information provided to us by a participating group in entering into an agreement with us.
8. If we become aware that a participating group is in default under its agreement with us for participation in the Lottery, we have the discretion (subject to applicable laws) to withhold the proceeds, to apply the proceeds to another participating group, or to return the proceeds to the ticket holders who nominated that participating group when buying a ticket.
9. Ticket sales open at 12pm (ACST) on 23 September 2021 and close at 11:59pm (ACDT) on 24 February 2022.
10. There are 700,000 online tickets available for sale at a cost of $2.00 each.
11. Tickets are available for purchase online from a participating group’s website fundraising page at communitylottery.com.au
12. When purchasing tickets online, you will have the option to receive ticket numbers via email or to print a copy of the tickets.
13. Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged.
14. While the Lottery is being conducted we may, in our discretion, offer additional incentives to assist in and promote the sale of tickets exclusively for the benefit of groups participating in the Lottery. Any incentives offered will not change or affect these terms and conditions or the chance of a ticket holder winning a prize.
15. The following persons are ineligible to purchase tickets in the Lottery for themselves or on behalf of any other person: a. persons who are not residing within Australia. b. office holders and employees of People’s Choice Community Foundation Limited. c. spouses (including de facto partners), parents, children or siblings of office holders and employees of People’s Choice Community Foundation Limited. d. participating groups (although members and officers of participating groups may purchase tickets as individuals); and e. the Nominee for the Lottery (the nominated person responsible for ensuring that the Lottery is conducted in accordance with the applicable requirements).
17. Tickets purchased from 12pm (ACST) on 23 September 2021 up to and including 11:59pm (ACDT) on 18 November 2021 will be entered into the draw for the early bird prize which will be drawn at 11am (ACDT) on 25 November 2021 at 50 Flinders Street Adelaide SA 5000. The details of the early bird prize draw winner will be published in The Advertiser (Adelaide) and on our website, www.communitylottery.com.au, on 29 November 2021. The winner of the early bird prize will remain to participate in the main draw and have a chance to win another prize.
18. The main draw, for all prizes other than the early bird prize, will take place at 11am (ACDT) on 3 March 2022 at 50 Flinders Street Adelaide SA 5000. Tickets purchased from 12pm (ACST) on 23 September 2021 up to and including 11:59pm (ACDT) on 24 February 2022 will be entered into the main draw.
19. Assuming all tickets are sold, the chances of winning a prize are 1 in 17,073. Each ticket has an equal chance of winning the major prize. Prizes will be allocated to tickets in the order in which they are drawn (i.e. the first prize will be allocated to the first ticket drawn and so on). Except for the early bird prize, once a ticket has won a prize, the ticket is no longer eligible to win any further prizes.
20. A full list of all prizes and their respective values is available on our website, www.communitylottery.com.au. Total prize pool is valued at $303,520 (RRP).
21. In the event of a prize not being available at the conclusion of the Lottery or not being available in the State or Territory of residence of the prize winner, the prize winner will be offered an alternative prize of equal value.
22. Results will be published in The Advertiser (Adelaide) and on our website www.communitylottery.com.au, on 7 March 2022.
23. Prize winners will be notified in writing, within four (4) days of the draw in which they win a prize, of the prize won and of how the prize is to be delivered or collected. Prize winners may need to collect prizes from a nominated retail outlet. Where this is not reasonably possible, we may make reasonable alternative arrangements with the prize winner for the collection of their prize.
24. Subject to clause 20 above, prizes are strictly as advertised and cannot be exchanged for cash. A prize winner is not entitled to any difference between the value of a prize (at the time the prize is awarded) and the recommended retail price.
25. Any unclaimed prize will be dealt with in accordance with the legislation applicable to the lottery in the State or Territory in which the winner of the unclaimed prize resided (according to the address provided at the time the ticket was purchased): a. if the winning ticket was purchased in South Australia, if the prize is not collected within 3 months of the date of the draw, the prize will be sold or disposed of; b. if the winning ticket was purchased in the ACT or NSW, if the prize is not collected within 3 months of the date of the draw, 3 June 2022, in which the prize is won, the prize will be subject to a redraw which will take place on 10 June 2022 at 11am ACST at 50 Flinders Street Adelaide SA 5000; c. if the winning ticket was purchased in Victoria, the prize shall be retained for a period of 12 months after which the prize shall be sold or disposed of and the proceeds (after deducting the reasonable costs of sale or disposal) shall be paid to the Treasurer of Victoria for payment into the Consolidated Fund; d. if the winning ticket was purchased the Northern Territory, the prize shall be retained for a period of 3 months after which the prize shall be delivered to the Director of Gaming Control for payment into the Community Benefit Fund; and e. if the winning ticket was purchased in Tasmania and the prize remains unclaimed after 12 months, the prize shall be sold or disposed of, and the proceeds (after deducting the reasonable costs of the sale of disposal) shall be paid to the Treasurer for payment into the Consolidated Fund.
26. We accept no responsibility for any entries not received by us, for any reason, prior to the cut-off time. We are not responsible for unforeseen technical difficulties in relation to or in connection with the online ticket ordering process. We do not warrant that the online ticket ordering process will be available at all times.
27. To the maximum extent permitted by law: a. we are not responsible for and disclaim all liability (including for negligence) for any loss or damage you may suffer, including loss of opportunity and personal injury and whether direct, indirect, special, or consequential, arising out of or in any way connected with this Lottery, you purchasing a ticket or attempting to purchase a ticket in this Lottery, or any prize; and b. we are not responsible for the merchantability or fitness for purpose of any prizes and exclude all warranties, express or implied.
28. People’s Choice Community Foundation Limited ABN 97 154 717 987 is a subsidiary of People’s Choice Credit Union, a trading name of Australian Central Credit Union Ltd ABN 11 087 651 125 (“People’s Choice Credit Union”). People’s Choice Community Foundation Limited is not an authorised deposit- taking institution and its obligations do not constitute deposits or liabilities of, and are not guaranteed by, People’s Choice Credit Union.