WIN the Kokoda ‘Force X-Trail GT’ Caravan Valued at over $68,000
Terms and Conditions
1. Instructions on “How to Enter” and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and over who either subscribe to one or both of the participating titles as stipulated in clause 7 and alternative enter via one of the following ways stipulated in clause 7 during the promotional period. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. It is a condition of entry that the prize is to be picked up by the winner from a specified address by the Promoter in Victoria, Australia.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
6. The Competition commences on 27 October 2016 at 0:01am (AEDST) and closes on 01 February 2017 at 23:59pm (AEDST). The draw will take place at 11.00am (AEDST) on 22 February 2017 at Storacall Technology LTD T/a X-on, 7 Salamander Court, Mermaid Waters, QLD 4218. The winner will be notified in writing and by telephone using the contact details given in their entry.
The winner’s name will be published on 24 February 2017 on www.caravanworld.com.au for 28 days from this date.
7. Entrants must during the promotional period enter by any of the following ways:
Subscribe: Individuals can subscribe to Caravan World Magazine (in Print,digital or a print & digital bundle) for a minimum term of a twelve (12) month subscription or subscribe to Motorhome & Caravan Trader (in Print, digital or print & digital bundle) for a minimum term of a twelve (12) month subscription during the entire promotional period via telephone 136116 (Mon – Fri 8am AEDST/AEST – 8pm AEDST/AEST) or on-line at https://www.magshop.com.au/Kokoda. By subscribing this way the entrant will receive 100 automatic entries into the draw.
Magazine Reader Code: Locate the reader code found within participatingissues of Caravan World, 4x4Australia and/or Motorhome & Caravan Trader magazines (on-sale during the promotional period) and visit www.caravanworld.com.au/Kokoda, follow the prompts to the competition page and fill in the entry form including their full name, date of birth, state, daytime telephone number, current email address and the Magazine Reader Code and submit the entry as instructed. By completing the Magazine reader code entry - the entrant will receive – 10 automatic entries into the draw.
By entering via the in-mag reader code, an entrant may only enter once (1) per code per issue of each participating title, during the entire promotional period. For the removal of doubt, an entrant may enter a maximum of three (3) unique codes per participating title (one (1) code per month per issue of each title) for the entire promotional period. An entrant may receive a maximum of six (6) entries into the draw.
Online: Individuals need to visit www.caravanworld.com.au/Kokoda duringthe promotional period and follow the prompts to the competition page and fill in the entry form including their full name, date of birth, state, current email address and daytime telephone number and submit the entry as instructed.
By entering via the online form, an entrant may only enter this way once
(1) per month during the entire promotional period. For the removal of doubt, an entrant may receive a maximum of three (3) entries into the draw for the entire promotional period.
8. If the individual enters the competition via online method or the Magazine Reader code method it is a condition of entry that the entrant agrees to receive the Caravan World’s weekly electronic newsletter.
9. Subscription requests are subject to the correct use of a valid credit card or, if payment is made by cheque, the cheque must be cleared for payment by the close date of the promotion.
10. If the subscription purchased is a gift, the gift recipient (i.e. person receiving the subscription) will be entered into the draw. Subscription gift donors (i.e. person buying the subscription), 3rd party subscriptions (i.e. whereby a person’s subscription is paid for by a corporate body) and free subscriptions will be deemed invalid.
11. By subscribing to this magazine title, entrants acknowledge that they understand that ‘tip-ons’ and gifts that may be available with non-subscriber copies may not be provided with subscriber copies. This determination is made at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
12. The first (1) valid drawn entry from all valid entries received during the entire promotional period will be deemed the major prize winner and will win:
A (1) Kokoda ‘Force X-Trail GT’ Caravan valued at up to $68,990.00 (including on-road costs).
Total prize pool valued at $68,990.00 (including on-road costs). Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the responsibility of the winner.
13. Prize includes standard fittings, registration, compulsory third party insurance (which may vary State by State). Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming this prize are the responsibility of the winner.
14. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the prize winner provides the Promoter with their full name, address, license and a copy of their current Australian driver’s license prior to the awarding of the vehicle prize. Winner must have a current valid Australian driver’s license. If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the vehicle in their own name, then such winner may assign the vehicle prize to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the vehicle is awarded.
15. Any additional optional extras and accessories, comprehensive insurance and any other insurance, fuel, vehicle, personal costs and any other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are excluded and are the responsibility of the winner. The colour of the trailer prize is at the discretion of the Promoter. Except as expressly stated in these conditions, the Promoter will not provide a substitute model (prize). The Promoter will not exchange the prize for cash.
16. The winner must provide all information and sign all documentation necessary to enable Promoter to register the vehicle prize in the winner's name prior to collection. Receipt of the prize is subject to the winner being able to lawfully take possession of the prize and comply with all registration and compulsory third party insurance requirements of the State/Territory in which the winner elects to register the prize.
17. The prize must be collected by the winner from Victoria, Australia. Delivery charges are not included. If the winner chooses to have the prize delivered to their nominated address, the winner will be responsible for the delivery charges. At the time of winner notification, the Promoter will stipulate the address of which the prize should be picked up from. The prize will be supplied directly by the manufacturer in partnership with Bauer Media (Promoter) and representatives from both companies may be in attendance.
18. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any mechanical, body or paint repairs from the date and time of delivery. Any other ongoing costs are the responsibility of the winner
19. The external and interior colour and fittings of the trailer prize is subject to availability at time of redemption of prize.
20. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner agrees to be interviewed, photographed and filmed at any time during the redemption of the prize and for the acceptance of the prize by the Promoter or their agents for a story or feature on this promotion to be developed and featured on the Caravan World or Trade RVs, website or social media pages (or any other form of media it deems suitable) without further remuneration or reference to the participant. The inclusion of any such feature (including but not limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Promoter at all times.
21. If necessary, a draw for the prize, should it remain unclaimed, may take place on 01 June 2017 at 11.00am (AEST), at Bauer Trader, 73 Atherton Road Oakleigh, VIC 3166. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing using the contact details given in their entry. The winner’s name will be published on 10 May 2017 on www.caravanworld.com.au/Kokoda for 28 days from the draw date.
22. The Prize value is correct as at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken. This prize will have been tested for editorial purposes and will not be brand new when the winner receives it.
23. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
24. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
25. The promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any late lost or misdirected mail (including but not limited to prizes).
26. The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for any prize damaged in transit in the delivery of their prize
27. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
28. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
29. If a medical circumstance in some way restricts your ability to enter the competition through the required mechanic, you are still eligible to enter however you must briefly state your circumstances upon entry.
30. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner signs any such legal documentation.
31. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
32. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
33. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
35. The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 – Trading as Bauer Trader, at 73 Atherton Road, Oakleigh, Vic 3166.