1. General RSL Art Union (the “Art Union”) No AU368 (also known as “Draw AU368L”) (the “Draw”) is conducted by Returned & Services League (Queensland Branch) (“RSL (Queensland Branch)”) ABN 79 902 601 713 (“we”, “us” and “our”). The Art Union is conducted for the purposes of funding veteran welfare and support to the following permits QLD Licence No. 29819, ACT Permit No. R19/00299VIC Permit No. 10333/19, NSW Permit No. GOCAU/2161, SA Permit No. M13690.
These terms and conditions apply to all entries into and/or prizes awarded in the Art Union. The purchase of a ticket in the Art Union is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions by the person/s whose name/s is either completed on the ticket or the person/s identified as the entrant/s in the Art Union (“Entrant/s”, “you” or “your”). Where a ticket in the Art Union is purchased as a gift for and/or on behalf of the Entrant/s, the purchaser of the ticket is deemed to be acting as an agent for the Entrant/s and the Entrant/s is deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. On entering and accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that the Art Union is a game of chance. The Entrant/s is deemed to have accepted the laws of Queensland apply to the conduct of the Art Union.
RSL (Queensland Branch) reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice, subject to State/Territory lottery licencing approval. Please refer to www.rslartunion.com.au for up to date details.
2. Draw Details RSL Art Union AU368 will be open from 12.01am am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 10 July 2019 and will close at 8.00pm AEST on 20 August 2019 unless the maximum saleable quantity of tickets has first been exhausted (“Draw Period”). The Art Union is licensed for 2,525,000 which may include a maximum of 530,250 bonus tickets. Open and close dates are subject to change without notice, subject to State/Territory lottery licencing approval. Please refer to www.rslartunion.com.au for up to date draw details.
The Draw will be conducted on 28 August 2019, at ANZAC House, 283 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006 at 10:00am by way of approved random number generator. The Draw will commence with the drawing of the major prize, followed by other prizes in descending order of value. Winners will be notified by Registered Mail and results will be published in the public notices of ‘The Courier Mail’ and ‘The Australian’ on 30 August 2019.
3. Eligibility Entry into the Art Union is open to Australian and some overseas residents who are at least 18 years old and are not the following ineligible persons: (a) A member of the management committee of RSL (Queensland Branch), including the Board and Executive management; (b) Employees of RSL (Queensland Branch) and its subsidiaries, including Mates4Mates Limited ABN 54 160 646 999; (c) A family member of a person caught by paragraph (a) and (b) inclusive of spouses, de facto spouses, parents, step parents, siblings, step siblings, adopted siblings, children and adopted children; (collectively, a), b), c) and are “Ineligible People”).
4. Entry (a) To enter the Art Union, an eligible person must purchase or be gifted one or more tickets into the Art Union. Tickets and/or VIP Memberships be purchased through the following channels by: (i) visiting the Art Union website; (ii) visiting an Art Union open prize home; (iii) contacting the Art Union call centre on 1300 775 847; (iv) completing a printed mail order form; (v) visiting an authorised RSL Art Union sales kiosk.
(b) At the time of ticket purchase, all required details on the ticket order form, online purchase path or as requested by an Art Union sales agent must be correctly completed. To issue a ticket, the Art Union requires the following details: (i) An individual, legal name (such as the name printed on Government Identification); (ii) All requested details including, but not limited to, registered postal address, contact email address (where applicable), phone number and confirmation that the Entrant is over the age of 18.
5. Tickets and Ticket books On receipt of payment, a ticket will be issued for inclusion in the Draw. The ticket will be issued in the name of the Entrant/s as determined by the name/s on the online Art Union account, the name/s detailed on the order form or the name/s of the gift recipient/s. For the avoidance of doubt, a name on a ticket must be the legal name of a natural person. The default method of customer contact is email. Once a ticket is issued, the details associated with that ticket, including but not limited to, the Entrant’s name and address, cannot be amended or updated. When a winning ticket is drawn, the Entrant/s as named on the ticket will be declared the winner/s. Tickets cancelled during the Draw Period or refunded for other reasons will be ineligible to win.
Tickets are numbered consecutively within the licensed ticket range however tickets within multiple ticket book purchases may not be consecutively numbered.
(a) The following pricing applies to tickets in the Art Union: $5 – 1 entry; $10 book – 2 entries – one of which may win first prize, plus a $30,000.00 bonus gold bullion; $20 book – 5 entries – one of which may win first prize, plus a $40,000.00 bonus gold bullion; $30 book – 8 entries – one of which may win first prize, plus $55,000.00 bonus gold bullion; $50 book – 13 entries – one of which may win first prize, plus $85,000.00 bonus gold bullion; $75 book – 19 entries– one of which may win first prize, plus $105,000.00 bonus gold bullion; $100 book – 26 entries– one of which may win first prize, plus $135,000.00 bonus gold bullion. The maximum order that can be placed in one transaction is $1,000 consisting of 10 x $100 books.
(b) Ticket books must be purchased in a single transaction. Where a ticket within a ticket book is determined as the winning entry, the bonus gold is payable on the value of the ticket book purchased which contains the winning ticket. For the avoidance of doubt, where multiple ticket books are purchased, and a winning ticket is drawn from within one of the ticket books, the bonus gold payable is calculated based on the individual ticket book value that contains the winning ticket and not based on the combined total value of the ticket book purchases.
(c) Tickets cannot be combined to form a book with gift tickets that are purchased in the same transaction. By way of example only, where an order is placed for one $5 ticket and one $5 gift ticket, these are independent transactions and do not form a $10 book of two entries eligible for $30,000 bonus gold bullion.
6. Gift Tickets Purchasers may purchase tickets as a gift for eligible individuals. To purchase gift tickets, the purchaser must provide the gift recipient’s first name, last name, registered postal address, phone number and confirm that the gift recipient/s is over the age of 18. The gift recipient/s as identified on the ticket, not the purchaser, will be the Entrant/s in the Draw. Where a ticket book is purchased as a gift, bonus gold is awarded to the gift recipient/s as the winner in the Draw. Where a gift ticket purchaser is a VIP or Loyal Supporter, the purchaser will be entered into the subsidiary draws for those categories, not the gift recipient.
7. Loyal Supporter Draw Entry into the Loyal Supporter draw is automatically granted to a customer who has valid entries in two (2) or more in the last nine (9) Art Unions (excluding VIP Heroes Draws) and a valid entry in the current open Art Union, Draw AU368L. If you are an Active VIP at the time of buying a ticket in AU368L, you are entered into the Loyal Supporter draw, to be drawn 28 August 2019.
Only one (1) entry per eligible customer will be included in this bonus draw. Additional tickets/entries are not available for this exclusive draw.
Two draw prizes each consisting of $18,000 Gold Bullion. Selling costs and market variations apply when selling gold bullion.
8. Art Union Accounts An individual cannot hold more than one Art Union account. The changing of a customer name on an account is only permitted where sufficient evidence is provided of identity of account holder and authority where applicable. Tickets in the Draw will be issued with the account holder as the named Entrant, unless the ticket is a gift ticket. Details associated with an account must be updated or amended by the account holder only, unless valid documentation is provided authorising an individual other than the account holder to do so.
9. Payment (a) Tickets in the Art Union must be purchased in Australian dollars via the following payment methods: 1. Cheques – make payable to RSL Art Union. All correspondence is to be directed to Locked Bag 4032, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006; 2. Money orders – make payable to RSL Art Union 368L. All correspondence is to be directed to Locked Bag 4032, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006; 3. Cash – payable at the sales kiosk in the Prize Home only; 4. Credit Card and Debit Card - Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and Diners; 5. Direct Debit; 6. PayPal.
(b) Where an order for tickets is placed and payment tendered by cheque or direct debit, payment must be received by us four (4) business days in Brisbane prior to the close of the Draw period, before orders relating to these payment methods are processed. The funds must clear prior to the end of the Draw Period. If an order to purchase tickets is received after the end of the Draw Period, or the Draw is sold out or valid payment has not cleared in time, the order will be entered into the next Draw. Orders will be processed in Australian dollars and payments for Art Union tickets are not tax deductable. A ticket issued also acts as the payment receipt for an order.
(c) The Art Union will allow refunds for orders placed in an open draw upon cancellation of tickets purchased. Refunds will be issued via the same method in which payment was originally received, except for cash as cash is banked and stored in a ‘wallet’ upon receipt. To withdraw from a wallet, contact our call centre on 1300 775 888. When a request is made to refund funds from a wallet, the entirety of the balance in the wallet must be withdrawn.
10. Wallets Where an order for tickets is placed by cash, a ‘wallet’ will be established that will store that value for future transactions. In circumstances where an amount of cash is received that does not directly correlate to an order value, the funds will be applied to the lower value tickets and the surplus will be stored in a wallet for future use until we are directed to apply these funds to a future order. When a request is made to refund funds from a wallet, the entirety of the balance in the wallet must be withdrawn.