1. General 1.1 These competition terms and conditions apply to all competitions hosted on any websites owned or operated by Seventh Street Media Pty Limited (trading as The Brag Media Australia) and/or its subsidiaries, including Tone Deaf, The Brag, Rolling Stone Australia, The Industry Observer and Don’t Bore Us (each a Website and collectively, the Websites). 1.2 Seventh Street Media Pty Limited (ACN 614 595 201) of Level 2, 9-13 Bibby Street, Chiswick NSW 2046 is the promoter of all such competitions (Promoter). 1.3 By entering a competition on a Website, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Competition-specific information 2.1 Each competition will include competition-specific information on that competition’s entry page (an Entry Page) on the applicable Website, including who is eligible to enter a competition, how to enter and prizes (Competition Information). 2.2 Such Competition Information forms part of these Terms and Conditions. 2.3 To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the Competition Information, the Competition Information will take precedence.
3. Eligibility 3.1 Entrants to all competitions must have a fully completed Brag Observer profile to be eligible to enter a competition and to win any prizes. 3.2 Unless otherwise specific on a Website, entry to all competitions is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years and over and Australian residents under 18 years who have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter a competition. (Entrants). 3.3 Employees of Promoter and the suppliers and agencies associated with a competition, and the immediate family of all such employees, are not eligible or permitted to enter a competition on a Website and/or win a prize. 3.4 Each competition will be conducted during the entry period specified in the Competition Information (Entry Period). Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries received after the Entry Period will not count towards the applicable competition. The Promoter is not responsible for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
4. Entry 4.1 To enter a competition, Entrants must complete the entry form on the Entry Page, including the specified method of entry for a competition (e.g. answering a question in 25 words or less) (Entry), subject to any limitations specified on the Entry Page (e.g. only 1 Entry per Entrant). 4.2 Entry to competitions via the Website is free. 4.3 Entrants must personally and manually submit an Entry using an internet browser. The Promoter reserves the right to reject an Entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that an Entry has been created and/or submitted using automated entry means or a computer entry service. 4.4 To be eligible to win a prize in a competition, an Entry must not: (a) infringe the intellectual property or other rights of a third party; (b) be incomplete or illegible; or (c) be unlawful, defamatory, abusive, insulting, threatening, obscene, inflammatory, offensive or otherwise contain content which, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, is inappropriate or objectionable. 4.5 The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of an Entry and to disqualify an Entrant from a competition for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an Entry that does not, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, comply with these Terms and Conditions. 4.6 All Entries become the property of the Promoter.
5. Judging 5.1 All competitions are games of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winner, unless otherwise specified on the Entry Page and, in such instance, those competitions will be subject to additional terms and conditions advised by the Promoter. All entries will be judged individually on their merits based on the judging criteria set out in the Competition Information. 5.2 Judging will take place at the time and location specified in the Competition Information (Prize Determination). Entries will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. 5.3 The Entrant who submits the best Entry (as determined by the judges based on the Judging Criteria) will win the prize(s) set out in the Competition Information (Winner). The judges’ decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
6. Winners 6.1 Competition Winners will be notified in accordance with the notification process set out in the Competition Information. 6.2 Winners must claim their Prize within the specified claim period set out in the Competition Information (Claim Period). The Promoter will not be responsible for any delay, loss or damage to any Prize once it has left the Promoter’s or supplier’s premises. 6.3 If a Winner is under 18 years of age, the Prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian of that Winner. 6.4 If a Winner is unable to comply with these Terms and Conditions and/or does not claim the Prize within the applicable Claim Period, the Promoter reserves the right to award that Winner’s Prize to the Entrant with the next best Entry for that competition, as determined by the judges in accordance with the time and location set out in the Competition Information for unclaimed prizes. 6.5 After submitting an Entry, an Entrant must notify the Promoter if their contact details change. Promoter will not be responsible for a Winner missing any notifications and/or failing to claim a Prize as a result of that Winner’s updated or changed contact details.
7. Prizes 7.1 Competition prizes consist of the prize(s) set out in the Competition Information (Prize(s)). Prize values are set out in the Competition Information along with the total combined value of all Prize(s) available in a competition. 7.2 A Winner’s use of a Prize is subject to: (a) any Prize conditions set out in the Competition Information; and (b) additional terms and conditions imposed by the supplier(s) of a Prize (if any), with which a Winner must comply. 7.3 Prizes are not transferable and not redeemable for cash or other goods or services and must be taken as a whole and as stated in these Terms and Conditions (including any Competition Information). No alternative prizes will be provided, and no compensation will be payable if a Winner is unable to use a Prize. 7.4 The Prize Value is the recommended retail price as provided by a Prize supplier (inclusive of GST) and is correct as at the start of the applicable competition. 7.5 If a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any licensing authority approvals (if applicable, e.g. in South Australia). 7.6 If a Prize is cash, and if proposed Prize money is greater than $2000 the Winne must be paid the amount exceeding $2000 by a crossed cheque made out to the winner (or by EFT if the Winner so requests). The full Prize amount can be paid in this manner, if desired.
9. Risk and liability 9.1 All Entrants participates in the competitions, and each Winner uses a Prize, at their own risk. 9.2 The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and the suppliers, agencies and other companies involved in a competition assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or loss or damage to data. 9.3 If a competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason (including as a result of technical failures, fraud or causes beyond the Promoter’s control), the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, cancel, suspend or change such competition and re-commence it on similar terms, subject to any directions by regulatory authorities. 9.4 To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents exclude liability for all loss (including loss of data, unauthorised access to data and consequential loss), damage, expenses, death or personal injury suffered or incurred arising out of, or in connection with, any competition (including in relation to all Entrants’ participation in a competition and Winner’s use of a Prize). 9.5 These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales.