1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the ‘Do It Your Way’ competition (the Competition).
2. The Competition runs between 1 September 2019 and 30 November 2019 (Promotional Period).
3. The Competition is managed and run by Halcyon Management Pty Ltd as trustee for the Halcyon Management Unit Trust (ABN 60 367 634 401), having its principal place of business at 1 Halcyon Way, Hope Island Qld 4212 (Halcyon).
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
4. Entries will only be considered if they are submitted during the Promotional Period and are not otherwise ineligible.
5. Entrants may enter the Competition by completing the Halcyon approved entry form, which is available online (www.lifebeginsathalcyon.com.au/doityourway) or in hard copy at selected promotional locations. All fields of the entry form must be completed in order to constitute a valid entry. Only valid entries will be judged.
ABOUT WINNING THE COMPETITION
6. The entry form requires entrants to describe, in 25 words or less, why downsizing to a lifestyle community gives you the choice ‘do it your way’. All responses will be judged on the basis of quality, authenticity and originality.
7. The decision of the judge or judging panel is final. No correspondence regarding the decision-making process or the decision itself will be entered into.
8. There will be one winner. In the case of a tie, the winner will be decided by considering who has shared the competition the most on social media.
9. The winner will be announced live on the Halcyon Facebook page on Tuesday 3 December 2019 between 8:30am – 5:00pm. The Halcyon Facebook page is at: https://www.facebook.com/lifebeginsathalcyon
10. The winner will be notified by Facebook direct message and by email.
11. The winner will have their name (first name only – for privacy reasons) and suburb announced on the Halcyon Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/lifebeginsathalcyon
12. All valid entries received during the Promotional Period will be eligible to win their choice of one of three prizes:
12.1 Gold Bullion valued at $50,000 from Brisbane Bullion
The Gold Bullion prize is from Brisbane Bullion and is valued at $50,000. Gold prices are subject to market variations and buy and sell prices as determined by Brisbane Bullion. The gold prize will be valued at purchase price on the day the prize is claimed (adjusted for selling costs).
12.2 Travel voucher valued at $50,000
The travel prize is a travel voucher valued at $50,000 from the supplier of Halcyon’s choice.
12.3 A Caravan from Avida Caravans valued at $57,490
The Caravan prize is an Avida Emerald CV5532 Tourer valued at $57,490.
13 The Caravan and travel prizes or any unused portion of these prizes, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The gold bullion can be exchanged for cash based on buy and sell rates determined by the live Gold Trading Market and rates determined by Brisbane Bullion.
14 The selected prize must be redeemed before 30 June 2020. If, for any reason, the winner does not take the prize by this date, then the prize (or the unredeemed element of the prize) will be forfeited.
15 If any part of the prize is unavailable, Halcyon, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
16 Halcyon reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
17 Multiple entries by one person are not permitted and will render all entries by that person invalid.
18 Employees (and their immediate families) of Halcyon (or any of its related companies) are ineligible to enter.
19 Entries by people who are under the age of 50 years at the time of submitting their entry will be deemed invalid.
20 Errors and omissions will be accepted at Halcyon's discretion. Failure by Halcyon to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
21 Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
22 Competition entrants must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
23 Entries from current Halcyon Lifestyle Communities Home Owners will be deemed invalid.