1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions Instructions and information on how to enter the competition form part of these terms and conditions, and entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions by the person whose name is either completed on the ticket or the person identified as a Gift Recipient and the player in the competition.
Where a ticket in the competition is purchased as a gift for and/or on behalf of another person (Gift Recipient), the purchaser of the ticket is deemed to be acting as an agent for the other person and that person is deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions apply to all entries into and/or prizes in the competition.
2. Type of competition This competition is a category 3 game conducted pursuant to the Charitable and Non-Profit Gaming Act 1999 (Qld). We hold the following permits: QLD Licence Number 158466, NSW Permit Number GOCAU/2341, VIC Permit Number 10066/21, SA Licence Number M13984, ACT Permit Number R 21/00016, TAS Permit Number 84172, NT Permit Number MML1073.
3. The Foundation The competition is conducted by 50-50 Foundation Limited ACN 161 685 776 as trustee for the 50-50 Foundation ABN 92 944 713 763, Level 4, 190 Edward Street, Brisbane Qld 4000 (the "Foundation"). Further information can be found at playforpurpose.com.au.
4. Competition period Entry to the competition opens at 09:15 AM (AEST Time) on 12 March 2021 and closes at 06:00 PM (AEST Time) on 10 June 2021 ("Competition Period").
4.1 AutoPlay Bonus Draw Entry into the Autoplay Bonus Draw is automatically granted to a customer who is an Active Autoplay customer at the time of draw 0011. The AutoPlay Bonus Draw will be conducted on Friday 11 June 2021 immediately following the main draw.
Only one (1) entry per eligible customer will be included in this bonus draw. Additional tickets/entries are not available for this exclusive draw.
One draw prize consisting of a $1,000 JB HiFi Voucher to the winner and a $1,000 donation to the charity nominated on their ticket or tickets. If the winner has tickets for more than one charity, then the $1,000 will be shared equally between those charities.
5. Eligibility 5.1 Entry is open to residents of Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria, Tasmania, Northern Territory and South Australia who are 18 years of age or older.
5.2 The following people are not eligible to purchase a ticket and/or win any prizes resulting from this competition:
members of the management committee of the Foundation conducting the competition and members of their immediate families and/or Relatives; or anyone directly engaged in conducting the draw for the competition and members of their Immediate families and/or Relatives; or the Foundation itself conducting the competition; or employees of the Foundation and their Immediate families and/or Relatives 6. How to enter 6.1 Tickets
To enter, players must, during the Competition Period:
Purchase or be gifted one or more tickets in the competition via the playforpurpose.com.au website; and complete the player details required via the online entry form, including selecting the charity or not for profit organisation that they choose to support with the purchase. Tickets cannot be issued unless payment has been confirmed. 6.2 Tickets cost $10. A maximum of 150,000 tickets will be issued for the competition.
6.3 Each valid entry will be included in the draw.
6.4 Gift tickets
A purchaser may purchase tickets as a gift for eligible individuals who are 18 years of age or over. To purchase a ticket a purchaser must provide the Gift Recipient's first name, last name, validated email address and mobile phone number and confirm that the Gift Recipient is over 18 years of age. A ticket must include the legal name of a natural person/s. Tickets cancelled during the Competition Period or refunded for any reason will be ineligible to win. All entries become the property of the Foundation.
7. Prizes 7.1 This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winners.
7.2 The prizes for the competition are:
Prize Number Prize Type Value Qty Total Value 1st $250,000 First Prize Package including: $250,000 1 $250,000 Land Rover Defender 110 21MY D250 S 5-door AWD Auto $118,374 Cashable Gold Bullion $125,000 Choice of Gift Vouchers from leading retailers across Australia $6,626 2nd JB HiFi eGift Voucher $15,000 1 $15,000 3rd Myer e-Gift Voucher $7,500 1 $7,500 4th Harvey Norman e-Gift Voucher $5,000 1 $5,000 5th Travel Associates Travel Voucher $2,500 1 $2,500 6th to 25th One of 20 x $500 JB HiFi e-Gift Vouchers $500 20 $10,000 26th to 45th One of 20 x $150 Bunnings e-Gift Vouchers $150 20 $3,000 46th to 395th One of 350 x $20 WISH e-Gift Vouchers $20 350 $7,000 TOTAL 395 $300,000 AutoPlay Bonus Draw Active AutoPlay Customers will automatically receive one entry into the AutoPlay Bonus Draw when raffle 11 closes.They'll go into the draw to win a BONUS $1,000 JB HIFI e-gift voucher PLUS $1,000 towards their chosen cause! See terms and conditions for full details.
7.3 Prize valuations in Australian dollars and are correct at time of publication, and are subject to the following conditions:
7.5 Subject to clause 7.9, the right to a prize is not transferable or assignable to another person, or redeemable for cash.
7.6 Photographs or images are for illustration purposes only and may not depict exact prize detail.
7.7 All other costs associated with the prizes which are not expressly stated to be included, including insurance, duties, and taxes, are the responsibility of the winners.
7.8 Winners will have 12 months from the time of the draw to claim their prize. The Foundation will only transfer the prizes to the person named on the winning ticket (or, where the ticket has been purchased on behalf of a Gift Recipient, to the person named on the ticket as the person it has been "Gifted To"). Transfer of any prize to a winner (including a Gift Recipient) is subject to the production and verification of valid identification and proof that the person is over 18 years of age.
7.9 If a purchaser purchases a ticket on behalf of a Gift Recipient which wins a prize in the competition, the Purchaser irrevocably assigns the right to any prize to the Gift Recipient. For the avoidance of doubt, the parties acknowledge that the Foundation shall be liable for payment of any prizes to the Gift Recipient in the manner contemplated by the terms and conditions for the competition and that any liability for payment of prizes is immediately extinguished when this obligation has been fulfilled by the Foundation.
8. Conduct of the draw The winning entries will be drawn randomly by computer on Friday 11 June 2021 at 08:30 AM (AEST), at 50-50 Foundation Limited ACN 161 685 776, as trustee for the 50-50 Foundation ABN 92 944 713 763 at Level 8, 180 Ann Street, Brisbane Queensland. The prizes will be drawn in descending order of value. When a winning ticket is drawn, the person named on the ticket (or, where the ticket has been purchased on behalf of a Gift Recipient, the person named on the ticket as the person it has been "Gifted To") will be declared the winner. A representative from Ernst and Young will attend the live draw and act as an independent witness.
9. Prize winners 9.1 The first valid entry drawn for each prize will win the prize. The Foundation's decision as to the result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9.2 By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing activities relating to the prize.
10. Notification to prize winners Within 7 days after the draw, the Foundation will attempt to notify the prize winners for the five most valuable prizes by telephone or email, and all other prize winners by email. The Foundation will also publish all major winners' initials and suburb or town in the 'public notices' section of The Australian within 7 days after the draw. The Foundation may also announce or publish the first name and suburb or town of the prize winner in any media, including the Foundation's website.
11. Delivery of prizes 11.1 The prizes will be delivered to the prize winners. Alternatively, a prize winner may elect to collect their prize from the Foundation, but that selection must be made at the time the prize winner is notified of their win.
11.2 The Foundation will not be liable for non-receipt of a prize for any reason.
12. Unclaimed prizes Any prize that remains unclaimed will be dealt with in accordance with any applicable regulation and any directions given by a responsible authority under any relevant regulation.
13. Validity of entries The Foundation reserves the right, at any time, and in its sole discretion to:
request players to provide proof identity and/or proof of valid entry; verify the validity of an entry; or disqualify any player who the Foundation has reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct or any conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. 14. Computer system issues No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. The Foundation is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer system, software or Internet difficulties, including any damage to a player's computer, resulting from participation in the competition. Any cost associated with accessing or submitting an entry is the player's responsibility.
15. Liability The Foundation makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as part of the competition. The Foundation will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in relation to the competition or a prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Foundation makes no representations or warranties that the portion of the funds intended to be raised in connection with a particular entity will ultimately be received by that particular entity, which may arise, for example, where the entity is in breach of its registration agreement and/or the relevant portion of the funds are not able to be applied for the nominated and stated Approved Charitable Project.
16. Force majeure If the Foundation is prevented from or delayed in performing an obligation by Force Majeure then the obligation is suspended during, but for no longer than, the period the Force Majeure continues and any further period that is reasonable in the circumstances. "Force Majeure" means an event beyond the reasonable control of the Foundation, which occurs without the fault or negligence of the Foundation.
17. Delay or modification to conduct of the competition If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction or any causes beyond the control of the Foundation, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Foundation reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to state regulation.
18. Charities and not for profit organisations The Foundation has a contract with each of the charities and not-for-profit sporting organisations that appear on the competition websites allowing the Foundation to raise money for them via the competition. At the time of purchase of ticket/s in the competition, each entrant selects one of these organisations and purposes that the entrant chooses to support with the purchase. Once the competition has finished, the Foundation will pay that organisation a minimum of 50% of the price of the ticket/s. Depending on the success of the game, there is potentially an additional 0-10% of the price of the ticket to be paid to registered charities and partners of the Foundation. For registered charities, an additional distribution would go directly to them on a pro rata basis based on tickets sold in a particular Raffle. In relation to tickets sold in respect of not-for-profit sporting organisations pursuing an Approved Charitable Project, the balance funds will be split equally between the Australian Sports Foundation and Australian Sports Commission t/a Sport Australia to be applied towards reasonable expenses for promoting the Raffle, related administrative costs, and for Australian Sports Foundation, if any surpluses arise, those surpluses will be applied solely for charitable purposes, which may include Approved Charitable Projects.
The beneficiaries of the Raffle will be:
charities registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission for the charitable purposes of those registered charities; and for not-for-profit sporting organisations: for the nominated Approved Charitable Project (as that term is defined in these Terms and Conditions) that appears on the competition websites; or in circumstances where the nominated Approved Charitable Project that appears on the competition website associated with a particular not-for-profit sporting organisation is unable to be effectuated, then for another Approved Charitable Project nominated by the not-for-profit entity (and subsequently approved) or another purpose similar to one of the Approved Charitable Project, in accordance with the terms of the applicable registration agreements entered into with the relevant participating registered charities or participating not-for-profit sporting organising raising funds to be applied for Approved Charitable Projects.
The Foundation makes no representations or warranties in relation to the use by the registered charities or not-for-profit sporting organisations of the funds in connection with through the competition.
19. No affiliation Any product or brand names, logos, images and other trademarks featured or referred to within these terms or conditions or on the Foundation's website are the property of their respective trademark owners. Unless otherwise indicated, these trademark owners are not affiliated with the Foundation and do not sponsor, approve or endorse the Foundation.
20. Changes to terms and conditions If the Foundation reasonably considers that a change to these terms and conditions is likely to:
benefit players; or be of no or immaterial detriment to players, then subject to obtaining approval from the regulator (if applicable), the Foundation can make the change and may place a notification on the Foundation's Play For Purpose website.
21. Privacy collection statement 50-50 Foundation Limited (ACN 161 685 776) as trustee for the 50-50 Foundation ABN 92 944 713 763, (referred to in this document as the Foundation) is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission that partners with sporting, charitable, and other organisations to conduct charity raffles, art unions, or lotteries (primarily at sporting events) under Australian state and territory charitable gaming laws.
The personal information of a purchaser and/or a Gift Recipient will be collected by way of the competition entry form.
This collection is for the purposes of conducting the competition, locating, verifying, and publishing prize winners, facilitating the Foundation's internal business operations, including internal record keeping and the fulfilment of any legal requirements under charitable gaming laws, analysing the Foundation's goods and services and customer needs with a view to developing new or improved goods and services, providing you with information about the Foundation and the goods and services that the Foundation, or its related entities or organisations that the Foundation has affiliations with, offer that may be of interest to you, and any purpose directly related to any of the above.
If you do not provide the personal information requested, or if the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, the Foundation may not be able to process your entry into the competition or to contact/locate you for delivery of the prize, and the Foundation may be unable to provide you with the information you are seeking.
In order to provide goods and services to you, the Foundation may from time to time disclose your personal information to its employees, contractors, and related and affiliated entities for the purpose of providing its services, operating the Foundation's business, and fulfilling your requests, service providers who assist the Foundation in operating its business (including cloud data storage suppliers, IT suppliers, mail distribution service suppliers, marketing service providers, market research companies, or professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants, and auditors), and any other entity as required or authorised by law (including law enforcement bodies, relevant authorities, and charitable sector or gaming regulators).
The Foundation is not likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, except as permitted by the Privacy Act, unless the Foundation tells you otherwise at the time or, if that is not practicable, as soon as practicable after the personal information is collected.
Street address: GPO Box 1066, Brisbane, QLD, 4001
22. Time All references to time in these terms and conditions are a reference to Australian Eastern Standard Time ("AEST").
23. Licences The Foundation has obtained the following licences for the competition:
QLD Licence Number: 158466
NSW Licence Number: GOCAU/2341
TAS Licence Number: 84172
ACT Licence Number: R 21/00016
VIC Permit Number: 10066/21
NT Permit Number: MML1073
SA Licence Number: M13984
24. Disputes and survival 24.1 The laws of Queensland apply to the competition and these terms and conditions. Players irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Queensland courts in connection with the competition.
24.2 Paragraphs 15, 21 and 24.1 survive termination or expiry of the competition.
25. Definitions "Gift Recipient" means a person who is at least 18 years of age and named as the player in a competition where another person has purchased the ticket for them as their agent.
"Immediate Family" means a person's spouse and any close family members residing at the same address as a person who is ineligible to purchase a ticket or win a prize in the competition pursuant to clause 5.2 of these terms and conditions (as defined in Schedule 6 of the Charitable and Non-Profit Gaming Rule 2010 Qld).
"Player" means the person whose name is either completed on the ticket or the person identified as a Gift Recipient and the player in the competition.
"Relatives" means a close family member connected by blood, marriage or adoption including de facto partners, but not extending beyond the Immediate family (as required under a minor gaming permit in Tasmania)